Sr. Quality Assurance Engineer
Sr. Quality Assurance Engineer – Irvine, CA.
This is a fulltime permanent position. The Salary range is DOE.
As the Quality Assurance Engineer, you will be responsible for testing security technologies. This is a hands on position.
Must have strong network skills (from a QA perspective) in including Firewall, Ports, and if they have worked on products that scan networks that’s a HUGE plus.
· Work with Product Management, Software Development and R&D to ensure network security products meet and exceed marketing requirements, technical specifications and customer
· Write, approve and execute test plans, test cases, test scenarios and testing methodologies to constantly improve software quality.
· Organize, prioritize and work through the QA activities and guarantee the products will be released on time.
· Provide risk assessment, test schedule, test results and test reports.
· Develop, update and execute test scripts primarily for black-box testing.
· Discover, document and verify fixes to software defects.
· Maintain a QA lab environment with various operating systems and configurations.
· Automate testing scenarios to increase efficiency.
· Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent, required.
· Excellent organization, time management, process and team leading experience, required.
· 5-8 years of software testing, required.
· 3-5 years of network administration or network security experience, required.
· Thorough understanding of Windows platforms, required.
· Experience using/maintaining VMWare ESX server required.
· Strong communication skills, oral and written. Must be comfortable communicating with the QA Team, Support, Development, Product Management, VP of Engineering, required.
· Strong analytical / troubleshooting skills, required.
· Testing experience with Web Servers, SQL Server, Network Based applications, required.
· Good understanding of computer security (Vulnerabilities, patches, best practices), required.
· Experience with automated software testing tools, recommended.
· Computer programming experience (VBScript, PHP), recommended.
· Good understanding of the Unix operating systems, helpful.
· CISSP, helpful.
· Microsoft certification, helpful.
· A+ certification, helpful.
Please complete the following skills-matrix and send back with your updated resume.
Total IT experience:
Total experience as Senior Quality Assurance Engineer:
Total experience in testing security technologies:
Total network administration or network security experience:
Total experience with Windows platforms:
Total QA experience with Firewall/Ports/Networks Scanners:
Total experience with VMWare ESX server:
Total experience with analytical / troubleshooting:
Total Testing experience with Web Servers/SQL Server/Network Based applications:
Total experience with automated software testing tools:
Total experience with VBScript, PHP:
Do you have CISSP Certification?
Do you have any Microsoft Certification? (Please Specify)
Do you have A+ Certification?
Day Phone #:
Evening Phone #:
Cell Phone #:
Work Status (US Citizen / Green Card /H1B/ others):
Have you applied recently for this requirement earlier through anyone else? Y/N:
Are you ready to relocate on your own expenses (Yes/No)?