Senior Manager of Process Engineering (closed)
Primary Job Responsibilities:
eBay Inc is embarking on a large scale strategic project to build a next generation shipping and logistics platform that will serve sellers across eBay, Paypal, and Magento on a global scale. This new platform will support the growth of business across international borders for our sellers and will be built with the vision of making world class supply chain and logistics tools available to the marketplace seller. The project will be constructed on best-of-breed tools, developed with a top-notch team of engineers and product managers, and will be designed with the following in mind: self-service, flexibility, scalability, data driven, and internationalization.
eBay is looking for a talented and motivated individual to contribute to the effort as a Senior Manager of Process Engineering. The person in this role will be responsible for leading the definition of the end-to-end process flow for material flowing through the platform. Working with their peers in Operations & Planning, Technology, Business Development, and with Product Management and Product Development, this person sets the direction for feature creation, and the time-phased development and roll-out of the platform.
- Redmond, WA
- San Jose, CA
The successful candidate will have 8+ years experience leading one or more large-scale programs that involve significant operational and technical complexity. This position will report to the Senior Director of Global Fulfillment.
The Senior Manager of Process Engineering will be responsible for:
- Leading the end-to-end process codification of the shipping and fulfillment platform through the development of flow charts, written documentation of requirements, project plans, and release plans.
- Leading and marshaling cross-functional resources inside of the Platform team and throughout eBay to create the design for the solution.
- Understanding seller requirements and fulfillment and operational processes to propose how the platform ought to operate
- Translate the business requirements into time-phased roll-out strategies that balance eBay’s global business strategy with the technology development roadmap; help prioritize technology feature development
- Manage cross-project requirements, risks, and issues, and identify risk mitigation strategies
The ideal candidate will have the following qualifications:
- Ability to drive work to completion working with multiple groups representing different functions
- A self-starter, able to manage his / her own work and reprioritize in a rapidly evolving environment
- Technical background, or technically savvy regarding complex software platform architectures
- Strategic – ability to make solid judgments and decisions with incomplete information
- Strong presentation skills; ability to create and deliver written and verbal presentations with the confidence to present to large, executive-level audiences, as well as very technical audiences
- Strong writing skills, ability to create documentation that is comprehensive and useful to audiences of many different backgrounds
- Program and project management skills
- Experience with logistics and order fulfillment operations
- Problem-solving and analytical ability; Six Sigma background
- Ability and willingness to travel globally up to 25%
- Bachelor’s Degree Required