Sr. Commercial Underwriter/Credit Officer (closed)
Must have minimum 4 year college degree, credit training, and 5 years of commercial lending experience.
Currently, we are seeking a Direct Hire VP Credit Officer for a reputable bank in El Segundo. The Credit Officer (CO) will be an analytical and inquisitive self-starter with a passion for lending and the expertise that comes with experience in the field. He or she will underwrite, structure, and close loans, and advise borrowers on financial status and methods of payments. In addition to evaluating, authorizing or recommending approval of commercial, real estate or credit loans, the CO plays the role of relationship manager, maintaining and servicing a share of the Bank’s existing portfolio of loans which includes commercial and industrial, commercial real estate, construction, warehouse and asset based lending. As such, he or she is responsible for developing new business, participating in business development with the Bank’s business development officers, and seeking opportunities to cross-sell the Bank’s products and services. The CO will represent the Bank in the local community through active participation in community affairs.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Underwrite new loans as assigned and sourced for new customers and existing customers based on the Bank’s lending policies, product guidelines, regulations and laws.
- Monitor an existing loan portfolio to ensure proper risk ratings and early identification of potential problems, and maintenance of regulatory and Board approved concentration limits.
- Maximize Bank profitability through appropriate pricing of new loan originations, fee income, and selling of all Bank products & services.
- Oversee the stress testing of the Bank’s loan portfolio at least annually. Ensure stress testing is performed with each new and renewed loan origination managed.
- Daily review and disposition of commercial overdrafts.
- Negotiate terms, structure loan financing based on risk considerations and present credits for approval to appropriate levels of authority within the Bank as required.
- Support the Bank’s strong relationship banking culture through on-going customer contact, quality customer service, and superior product knowledge.
- Approve loans within specified limits, and refer loan applications outside those limits to management for approval.
- Stay abreast of new types of loans and other financial services and products to better meet customers' needs. Explain to customers the different types of loans and credit options that are available, as well as the terms of those services.
- Review loan agreements to ensure that they are complete and accurate according to policy.
- Review and update credit and loan files.
- Compute payment schedules.
- Prepare monthly loan reports as required.
- Manage assigned problem loans including collections, restructures and workouts.