Software Engineer - AmazonWireless (closed)
Amazon’s wireless team will be in Southern California May 29th through June 1st to conduct interviews with individuals in the Southern California area.
We are responsible for building a large scale shopping experience for everything mobile. Our vision for AmazonWireless (wireless.amazon.com) is to be the most customer centric, trusted, comprehensive and authoritative shopping destination for wireless products and services.
We are looking for passionate, hard-working, and talented software engineers, architects and managers who have experience building innovative, mission critical, high volume applications that customers love. You will have an enormous opportunity to make a large impact on the design, architecture, and implementation of cutting edge products used every day, by people you know. This is a high visibility team where you will get a chance to make a positive impact on customer experience.
Here's a great read on why people are joining Amazon: http://x.co/WhyAmazon
- Experience building successful production software systems
- A solid grounding in Computer Science fundamentals (based on a BS or MS in CS or related field)
- Experience developing cloud services and an understanding of design for scalability, performance and reliability
- Experience defining, developing and maintaining REST based interfaces
- Experience with CSS3 and HTML5
- Excellence in technical communication with peers and non-technical cohorts