Java Lead (closed)
Job Title: Java Lead
Job Location: Phoenix, AZ / Jacksonville , FL
Job Term: Full Time
Interview Process: Phone Interview
Remote Work: No
Technical Skills Required:
- JAVA (J2EE 1.4 High level of knowledge required).
- Analysis & Design with UML
- Design Patterns (Service Locator, Delegate, Facade, DAO, etc)
- SOA and Web Services
- Data/ Information Security
- Data Access (SQL & Stored Procedures)
- Java Performance Tuning
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux v5.2
- IBM WebSphere Application Server ND v6.1
- IBM HTTP Server v6.1
- IBM WebSphere MQ v6.0
- IBM RAD (Rational Application Developer) 7.5
- ESB Conceptual Knowledge
- Good Communication skills
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Enables the technical delivery of a set of projects.
- Responsible for the design, build, test and implementation phases, as well as ensuring adherence to technical standards.
- Ensures the quality of deliverables in terms of supporting requirements analysis and the technical architecture.
- Works with architecture experts to ensure developments support the business and IT strategic plan.
- Will perform as a Lead Java and Websphere programmer for mission-critical web applications using J2EE technologies.
- Plays an integral role in building and enhancing the software & infrastructure required to support the applications in terms of robustness, scalability, availability and efficiency.
- The candidate must have experience leading other developers, assigning technical work and development tasks, overseeing & actively participating in all aspects of the Software Development Life Cycle.
- The successful candidate will have an excellent understanding of software development best practices & system architecture skills.
- Responsible for the quality of deliverables in terms of the technical design, implementation, testing and adherence to technical compliance standards.
- Works primarily with Lead Project Managers, Business Analysts and architects.
- Interacts with the business to understand associated business processes in conjunction with Process Analyst resources (if available)
- Works with Business Analysts/business partners to determine and translate business requirements into technology solutions.
- Provides/reviews estimates for design, build, test and implementation phases, ensuring quality and accuracy is maintained.
- Advises Project Management on the best time to engage dependent teams (for example, database management teams).
- Manages (monitors and addresses) all development activity, and is accountable for ensuring quality and adherence to technical, security and compliance standards.
- Coordinates application support activity during the 90-day warranty period.
- Provides feedback to Lead Architects on practical utilization of enterprise-wide standards.
- Supports the architectural design and documentation.
- Performs/leads software design, development and documentation.
- Provides hands-on technical expertise/governance on all aspects of implementation.
- Guarantees quality of software development and testing