Sr. Web Developer
• Be highly adaptable to working both independently and in a team environment.
• Be a motivated and creative problem solver.
• Exhibit excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills.
• Exhibit the ability to adapt to changing priorities, meet deadlines, and work well under pressure.
Required Qualifications and Skills:
• Experience developing and deploying Python-based applications using contemporary Web frameworks (Django)
• Experience developing and deploying applications in additional languages (such as Ruby, Perl, Java)
• Experience developing and deploying applications on multiple platforms (Solaris, GNU/Linux)
• Experience with test-driven design (TDD), and code reviews
• Experience with addressing deployment issues regarding scale, performance, and administration throughout the development lifecycle
• Experience using version control (such as Subversion) and ticket tracking tools (such as Trac and/or JIRA)
• Familiarity with library software systems and metadata standards (MARC, MODS, METS)
Bachelor's degree (technical field preferred) and five to seven years of related experience.