Project Engineers - Mechanical (Construction) (closed)
To provide in-house Mechanical Engineering services including technical assistance to Production and Maintenance departments, research and development, project management and coordination with outside consultants.
Coordinate in plant construction activities as required for installation of new plant equipment and process piping or modification to existing equipment and process piping, which may involve maintenance, production personnel and/or outside contractors. Coordinate meetings as needed with personnel which have requested or will be affected by the new or modified equipment. Prior to installation or modification of equipment this position may request quotations, develop installation schedules, and assist with fabrication details. This position must also ensure that the maintenance or construction personnel have accurate reference prints to accomplish their assigned tasks.
The major challenge of this position is to insure that equipment purchases or designs being developed are durable, economical, and easy to fabricate and install. Installation or modification of equipment is to be accomplished with the minimum amount of outage duration and be at or below the approved budget.
Project Engineer (M) will maintain equipment files and resource materials such as drawings, instruction manuals, test data, design criteria and specifications. These materials are to be organized to facilitate their use for three key purposes; as a maintenance aid, as a basis for equipment performance evaluation and as a reference for equipment design and installation. These resources are to be made available to maintenance personnel as to maximize their value in trouble shooting, operations, and preventive maintenance.
- Bachelors Degree in Mechanical Engineering
- 5-10 years industrial experience with mechanical equipment within an industrial/manufacturing environment.
- Minimum 5 years direct experience managing scope, budget and schedule on industrial construction projects.
- Working knowledge and experience with mechanical design.
- Working knowledge and experience with process piping design.
- Working knowledge of and ability to design utility systems consisting of water, gas, and air.
- Must have strong Project Management experience in Industrial Construction Projects.
- Have ACAD training and 5 years use experience.
- Experience in equipment and construction services contract management.
- Equipment design and troubleshooting experience is preferred.
- Knowledge of steel making process is preferred.
- Mechanical maintenance team leadership experience is preferred.
- Working conditions warrant extreme temperatures. Incumbent must have ability to successfully work in this type of environment.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work with diverse populations and communication styles.
- Strong organizational skills are key in this position. Must have the ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously and multi-task to be successful.
- Ability to independently make accurate decisions and demonstrate good judgment.
For immediate consideration, forward your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Gerdau is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer, committed to diversifying its workforce. All applicants must be legally eligible to work in the country of hire without current or future sponsorship.