Senior Environmental Health and Safety Specialist (closed)
Senior Environmental Health and Safety Specialist
Joy Global brings advanced equipment, systems and direct services to the global mining industry. With its focus solely on mining, Joy Global designs, manufactures, distributes and services extensive product lines of highly reliable P&H surface mining equipment and JOY underground mining machinery used to cut, crush, load and convey coal and industrial minerals worldwide. Customers receive a superior experience through direct relationships with Joy Global’s support people, and through its services located close to the mines.
Joy Global is continuously working to make mining operations safer and more productive. With Joy Global’s innovative equipment and life-cycle services, mine operators are able to consistently achieve the lowest cost per unit of production over the life of the equipment. Please visit our website www.joyglobal.com for more information.
Joy Global Inc. offers excellent benefits, a continual focus on training and development and a financially sound company in a growing industry. We are currently looking to add a Senior Environmental Health and Safety Specialist to our Longview, TX location.
- Provide safety leadership to an assigned factory in Longview manufacturing operations.
- Respond to and resolve internal customer safety system, regulatory and technical issues.
- Coordinate site safety program development and implementation.
- Conducts trainings for entire site and other locations.
- Develops implements and maintains measurement and assessment methodologies to evaluate progress, performance and compliance.
- Manage the incident investigation process.
- Ensure all significant and recordable safety incidents are documented and communicated in a timely fashion.
- Develops and manages an industrial hygiene program for compliance to all applicable air and noise exposure regulations.
- Champion behavioral-based safety initiatives.
- Will be responsible for various trainings and certifications such as forklift, lock out/tag out, etc.
- Responsible for daily safety talks, walks, audits, etc.
- Participates in Workers’ Compensation case management.
- BS in Safety and Occupational Health.
- 5+ years mining, heavy equipment construction, or project site experience.
- Must have 3-5 years OSHA experience in Manufacturing, Mining and/or Industrial environment.
- Demonstrated, effective interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations.
- Ability to travel 10-20% domestically and internationally.
- Current certification or eligible for certification in AED and CPR required.
- Must have proven track record of communication at all levels of organization.
- Must possess prior experience in coordinating, implementing, conducting and maintaining safety trainings and certifications.
- Experience assessing risk, developing risk mitigation controls, processes and procedures, and systems measurement.
- MSHA experience preferred.
- Certified Safety Professional (CSP) highly desired.
- Candidates that possess membership in American Society of Safety Engineers preferred.
Joy Global Inc. offers an excellent benefit package including 401(k), profit sharing, medical, dental, vision and life insurances, wellness programs, tuition reimbursement and more.
Thank you for your interest in Joy Global Inc.