Contracts Associate - PA & WA (closed)
The Contract Associate will be responsible for drafting, negotiating and executing third party supplier agreements, according to our customer’s corporate policies and business unit procedures. Contract Associate will thoroughly diagnose client business needs, collaborate with client legal counsel, develop negotiation strategies and lead contract negotiations that maximize customer value while mitigating risk. Contract Associate will support contract activity that may include client standard contract templates, new master agreements, statements of work, amendments, or require development of specialized contract vehicles to meet client business goals and objectives. Generally involves independent judgment and analysis of significant issue identification and resolution. Act as the customer focal point for communication with legal, finance, procurement and stakeholders for resolution of contract issues and disputes.
Key Responsibilities / Job Duties*
* Sourcing Associate – Contracts Management Key Responsibilities / Job Duties assume the inclusion of the descriptors from the Sourcing Analyst position description.
- Close collaboration with client business stakeholders to secure a thorough understanding of client business needs for the supplier relationship.
- Review and preparation of third party contracts in accordance with customer policy
- Review complex solicitations (e.g., RFx, existing contract) and prepares specialized and/or non-routine response for proposals, bids, and contract modifications
- Train and develop other sourcing associates to assume more complex contract activity
- Develop negotiation strategy and lead negotiation for routine through complex contractual issues
- Collaborate with Client Category Managers and/or Denali SMEs on contract or negotiation strategy and tailor contracting execution based on direction provided by them
- Analyzes new law, regulation and contract trends for potential impact on customer’s goals and objectives
- Perform in depth analysis of existing contracts or proposed contract amendments against client business needs, draw conclusions, prepare comprehensive summaries, and present back to the client in a concise manner
- Coach colleagues, transfer knowledge, and develop team members to be more effective in their current roles
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities*
* Sourcing Associate – Contracts Management Knowledge
- Ability to train less experienced sourcing professionals and to identify and develop contract skills
- Ability to draft moderate to complex, non-routine contractual instruments
- Comprehensive knowledge of typical corporate policies and procedures, coupled with ability to identify required improvement to established policies and to communicate implementation procedures to others
- Expert knowledge of purchasing contracting concepts and processes, including deep understanding of contract business terms and working knowledge of contract legal terms.
- Strong analytical, collaboration and communication skills
- Use of independent judgment and creativity applied to resolution of contract issues
- Excellent internal and external negotiation skills
- Strong customer service orientation including demonstrated issue resolution and relationship management skills
- Ability to quickly master client specific contracting processes, terminology, political environment, systems and unique requirements by various business groups
- Solid decision making ability using available facts in sensitive client situations
- Mastery of various DSS project documentation and tracking systems
Required Education and Experience
- Bachelors Degree or equivalent work experience is preferred
- 7+ years of work experience in operational, procurement or sourcing, and a minimum of 3 years of contract management experience.
Certified Commercial Contracts Manager (CCCM) and/or Certified Professional Contracts Manager (CPCM) desirable
Send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org