Development Manager/Scrum Master (closed)
My client a well known, growing eCommerce company based in NYC is looking to hire a Scrum Master coming from a web development background. This role is for someone who is a developer or was very recently but also worked in an environment where they were the Scrum Master for the projects they were developing. This is an opportunity for someone looking to move into a more functional "Project Manager" type of role and less of a hands-on development position.
While previous web development experience is required, the technology stack you worked in is flexible. This client is a LAMP shop but they're open on that requirement. A CSM is preferred but not required.
- Interface with product owners and team
- Understands the goals of the stories and can provide feedback
- Ensure stories are clearly understood by the team
- Help product owners understand limitations
- Removes roadblock/impediments that impact empowerment & productivity
- Assist the product owner in preparing the backlog for planning
- Encourages a sustainable pace for the team
- Helps product owner and team understand the priority and incremental product delivery
- Ensure the correct people are in the room when decisions are being made
- Make visible sprint progress and team productivity and other metrics visible
- Facilitates cross functional collaboration
- Protects the team from outside distractions and interruptions
- Scrum specific:
- Lead sprint kickoffs
- Lead project kickoffs
- Update the product backlog
- Create burndown charts
- Promote methodology to developers, product owners, and QA team
- Ensure projects follow proper project protocols – code review, QA, etc.
- Ensure each team member has a voice
- Encourages transparency and accuracy in user story estimates
- You must have strong leadership skills. Other people should describe you as someone that is inquisitive and not afraid to ask questions, will challenge others when you sense issues. You have the soft skill to facilitate a group of people and collaborate to accomplish team goals. You are highly communicative and enjoy talking to people face to face. You are highly organized and a master at meetings management so you can keep everyone synchronized. You are good at clearing impediments and have no fear in making sure all those responsible are aware and will escalate if they are not being handled.
- Certified Scrum Master
- 3+ years Scrum, Agile, Lean, Kanban, incremental delivery experience.
- Familiarity with Rally desirable
- 5+ years of software engineering experience.