- Designs, specifies, configures, installs, and maintains local area network/wide area network to include personal computers, system software, software applications, printers, servers.
- Develops and implements policies and procedures related to network hardware and software acquisition, use, support, security, and backup.
- Establishes and maintains network users, user environment, directories, and security.
- Responds to the needs and questions of network users concerning their access to resources on the network and the operation of various software programs.
- Implements standards for use, operations, and security of network and data.
- Researches and evaluates new technologies.
- Coordinates activities of hardware, software, telecommunications, support, and training vendors.
- Installs and tests software upgrades.
- Evaluates local area network hardware and software requirements and capabilities and makes recommendations to Network Manager.
- Monitors and maintains network stability.
- Implements network schedule for backups and system maintenance.
- Prepares and maintains documentation of network configurations.
- Installs and maintains various servers.
- Provides networking assistance to users, including help with network connections and passwords.
- Installs, configures and maintains all upgrades and backups.
- Monitors network traffic and makes necessary recommendations for additional resources or hardware.
- Meets with technical staff to allocate server resources and install new servers.
- Implements data and computer security policies and procedures.
- Coordinates installation of security software.
- Implements tests of computer systems to monitor effectiveness of security.
- Assigns and maintains user login and passwords.
- Reviews computer logs and messages to identify and report on possible violations of security.
- Document and report internal investigations of possible security violations.
- Implements disaster or emergency recovery procedures for information systems and computer environment.
- All other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Skills and Abilities:Education
- Possess four-year Bachelor's Degree in data communication, network administration or a related field.
- Possess at least 3 years experience in network administration and management or a similar or related area.
- Possess prior experience with data communications and data security administration
- Possess well-developed communication skills using courtesy and discretion.
- Possess advanced proficiency in multiple software programs and advance knowledge of computer network administration.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
- Ability to apply advanced mathematical concepts such as exponents, logarithms, quadratic equations, and permutations. Ability to apply mathematical operations to such tasks as frequency distribution, determination of test reliability and validity, analysis of variance, correlation techniques, sampling theory, and factor analysis.
- Possess Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer Certification. (MCSE or MCITP)