Senior C++/Linux Programmer (closed)
We are seeking an innovative, creative and experienced Software Engineer (Contractor) who is ready for the challenges, responsibilities, and rewards that come with working in a high-energy, fast-paced environment. Our end-client is dedicated to providing next generation solutions for broadband IP networking via satellite networks. As the leading innovators in this new space, our diverse and talented team of Internet, satellite and telecommunications professionals continues to break new ground and create significant opportunities for network operators, for service providers and resellers, and for corporate networking professionals.
The ideal candidate will:
- Design, develop, test and integrate networking and control related functionality within a satellite broadband router and related environments.
- Participate in determining the future direction of the Satellite Router and related products in the areas infrastructure, redundancy, scalability, and 24x7 availability.
- Participate in designing, developing, testing, integrating, and supporting a line of satellite networking related products.
- BS in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or Mathematics, MS preferred
Experience: Minimum five-plus years of experience in software development with several of the following:
- Experience (5 years or more) with C++ object oriented design and development is required.
- Experience in TCP/IP protocol suite including TCP, UDP, ICMP, IGMP, IPSec, and Multicast
- Development experience in Linux.
- Some familiarity with satellite communications networks desirable but not required.
- Strong verbal and written communications skills.
- Must be able to work in a fast paced development environment.
- Must be able to analyze and solve technical problems related to communications networks in a client/server environment.
- Must have strong interpersonal skills and be self-motivated.
- Must be able to complete tasks in a timely manner.
- Must be able to communicate (oral/written) effectively on various technical levels.
- Must be able to work under pressure in high visibility situations.
- Must be able to quickly adapt to changing conditions and make decisions based on incomplete data.
- Must be effective as a single contributor or as a leader as the situation warrants.
If you meet this skillset and this sounds like a fit for you, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.