Sr. Engineer, QA (closed)
Job DescriptionJOB FUNCTION / PURPOSE
The senior quality engineer shall support the business in the areas of new product development, lean implementation, process capability improvement, daily production support, project management, technical data interpretation/analysis (engineering drawings, specifications, technical publications, component maintenance manuals, purchase orders, etc.), and quality system management.
The senior quality engineer will be expected to be knowledgeable of stage-gate new product introduction processes, best practices for supporting design-for-quality, statistical process controls, dimensional inspection metrology, and aerospace quality systems.
The senior quality engineer primarily interfaces with Customers, Suppliers, Sales/Contracts, Design Engineering, Manufacturing Engineering, and Operations.
· Drive manufacturing process capability improvements through variation reduction, error-proofing, and implementation of statistical process control
· Collect and analyze data to identify and prioritize opportunities for improvement of product and process quality
· Provide leadership on problem solving teams to drive root cause analyses and corrective/preventive action plans
· Key quality representative on new product introduction teams responsible for contract review and driving design-for-quality on new product introduction teams
· Manage major program manufacturing process qualification
· Manage supplier quality and provide support for supplier quality development
- Perform product reliability studies
- Validate and respond to corrective and preventive action requests (from both internal and external customers)
- Provide quality witness on tear down of customer returned material
- Participate on Material Review Board and Configuration Control Board
- Develop process flow charts/diagrams and process failure mode effects analyses reports
- Create statistically valid control plans for manufacturing processes
- Use of lean and six sigma tools to drive variation reduction
- Conduct and participate in quality system, process, and product audits
- Provide technical leadership to inspection team members
- Support product/process certifications and approvals
- Comply with all company policies/procedures
- Comply with all military and contractual requirements
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned by management
Education: Bachelor of Science degree in Engineering (or like technical field); Masters of Science in Engineering a plus.
Experience: 10+ years of progressive quality systems and process quality experience in an aerospace or high precision manufacturing environment. Experience with lean manufacturing in a high mix low volume environment is a plus. Experience with flight critical components/systems (or product line with equivalent criticality) is a plus.
- High ethical standards. Models and supports organization’s goals and values; adapts to changing conditions; demonstrates persistence and overcomes obstacles.
- Strong business/technical writing, presentation, planning, problem solving, organizational, project management and decision-making skills.
- Knowledge of government contract requirements
- Knowledge of major aerospace prime customer requirements
- Familiar with FAA production and repair station requirements
- Six sigma tools and methodology; green belt or black belt experience is a plus
- Lean manufacturing practices to improve product/process quality
- Excellent problem solving skills aimed at identifying and correcting the root causes of problems
- Demonstrated working knowledge of problem solving tools: 5-Whys, failure mode and effects analysis, 8-D, Pareto analysis, fault tree analysis, Bayesian inference and Ishikawa diagrams
- Aerospace quality management systems: ISO, AS9100, AS9110, FAR 21, FAR 145
· Demonstrated ability to create and implement statistically valid control plans and audit plans
- Working knowledge of inspection metrology and proper application of automated measuring equipment
- Excellent working knowledge of geometric dimensioning and tolerancing
- Ability to create and/or review failure analysis reports and perform dimensional tolerance stack up analyses
- Thorough knowledge of Word, Excel, Power Point, Visio, Project, and other applicable tools
· High energy level, comfortable performing multifaceted projects in conjunction with normal activities.
· Demonstrated ability to influence others and impact change.
· Well organized.
· Participative management style – advocates team concept.
· Well-developed interpersonal skills. Ability to get along well with diverse personalities – tactful – mature – flexible.
· Ability to establish credibility and be decisive – but able to recognize and support the organization’s preferences and priorities.
· Results- and profit-oriented with the ability to balance other business considerations.
- US Persons Only (US citizens, lawful permanent residents, refugee or asylee – all require proper identification and documentation).
- Approximately 20% travel required.
- Physical and Environmental Requirements: While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand and sit. The employee is occasionally required to walk and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and color vision.
- Work environment includes front-office and manufacturing. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- Pre-Employment Verifications: Must pass background and reference checks, drug screen, and physical examination prior to employment.
- We are an E-Verify participant.
CIRCOR Aerospace, Inc. business offer a competitive and comprehensive benefits package, including: medical, dental, vision, 401(k), and tuition reimbursement for regular full time employees.
CIRCOR Aerospace, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. M/F/D/V
For immediate consideration, please apply online and submit your resume to http://circor.catsone.com/careers/index.php?m=portal&a=details&jobOrderID=1007808