Plant Manager (closed)
Tech USA is currently seeking a Plant Manager for a full time position to be a part of a dynamic and diverse team, with an international energy enterprise. We are looking for a seasoned, team oriented, quality minded, and motivated Plant Manager to join one of the leading companies in industrial biotechnology and synthetic biology to deliver sustainable products that are derived from abundant renewable resources. Their passion is to catalyze a rapid and widespread transition to renewables and to improve the economic, political, and environmental health of our planet through new industries and jobs, renewable raw materials, and sustainable products and practices.
JOB DESCRIPTIONS & REQUIREMENTS
• Manage and develop young engineers
• Manage process transfer and operation of a large scale fermentation plant, including product recovery
• Oversee large scale fermentation plant operations initially as demonstration facility, later as manufacturing operation
o In charge of approximately 10 people
• Organize and maintain data base for all fermentation and downstream manufacturing plant experiments and results
• Manage feedstock, raw materials, and other key supplies to the site
• Assist with developing a rigorous safety culture in the plant
• Manage performance of the Florida site against key performance parameters, i.e., safety, environmental, cost, yield etc
• Act as a conduit between research and development process development and manufacturing
• Promote and support (GMP, Safety, Health, Environmental, Quality, and Continuous Improvement)
• Management of all functions at the Okeechobee site (Operations, Lab, Admin, Safety and Maintenance).
• Manage the operations of multiple scale fermentation and recovery processes.
• Lead, promote and encourage the development of technical and social skills of the organization
• Ability to travel domestically and internationally.
• BS/MS/PhD in chemical engineering or related science degree or 10+ years of relevant industrial experience
• Minimum 3 years operations experience in the industrial large scale fermentation facility
• A solid understanding of fermentation and relevant scientific/engineering principles
• General knowledge of biological downstream processes is required
About Tech USA:
Tech USA, Engineering & Construction Solutions is a comprehensive provider of workforce and project support solutions throughout the Engineering, Construction, and Environmental Industries, including Construction Management, Environmental Services, Remediation, Geotechnical Services, Safety, MEP Design & Construction and Biofuels. We are actively seeking candidates for contract, contract-to-hire, project support and permanent placement jobs throughout the nation. View our website to see a list of our current open positions; however, not all of our positions are listed so don't forget to submit your resume and request a consultation with one of our Engineering & Construction recruiting specialists to explore your opportunities further.
At Tech USA we understand that next to your family, your career is one of the most important aspects to a happy and fulfilling life. This is why we take the time to truly understand and get to know our candidates, so we can then pair them with the right job, not just any job. As a result, Tech USA is known throughout the industry for quality, reliability and the highest satisfaction from both our clients as well as the candidates that we represent. Tech USA is an equal opportunity employer.