Technical Writer- Sales Operations (closed)
Government agencies issue RFPs and RFIs to elicit bids and obtain information about how a vendor's products or services can solve a business need. The Technical Writer will create/write/edit accurate, highly compelling proposal content that translates complex healthcare decision support technical concepts into plain English while clearly articulating our value proposition and competitive advantages. The successful Technical Writer will write thoughtful, high-quality technical content, and will meet all deadlines in this fast-paced environment.
- Provide ongoing writing support to Government sales staff. Involves writing multiple custom responses to highly technical RFP requirements, often under very tight and competing timelines.
- Based on interviews and meeting participation, authors, proofreads and edits proposal content; drafts for consistency, clarity, appropriateness and persuasiveness of the material. Ensures material is crisp, targeted, strategically driven, engaging and accurate.
- Understands complex technologies and needs, and explains technical concepts clearly, concisely, and logically. Ensures consistency in terminology.
- Assists in developing storyboard and graphics content for proposals.
- Participates in planning sessions to fully understand business requirements and how to best position the proposal responses. May also involve one-on-one interviews of other subject matter and product experts.
- Keeps current on program, technical, product, and service enhancements or changes as they occur and incorporates them appropriately into deliverables.
- Works collaboratively with Proposal Managers and the proposal team to ensure proposal deadlines are met in a timely manner.
At Thomson Reuters, we deliver intelligent information quickly and efficiently, so professionals have knowledge to act. We combine industry expertise with innovative technology to deliver critical information to leading decision makers in the financial, legal, tax and accounting, intellectual property and scientific, healthcare, and media markets, powered by the world's most trusted news organization.
The Healthcare business of Thomson Reuters provides insights -- information, benchmarks and analysis -- that enable organizations to manage costs, improve performance and enhance the quality of healthcare.
- Degree in Business, Communications, or English.
- At least 4-6 years experience in technical writing of proposals to the government
- Large healthcare information/decision support systems acumen preferred.
- Excellent written and communication skills, with demonstrated ability for persuasive writing in information technology. Strong ability to adjust styles as needed depending on audience and requirements.
- Independent thinker with an aptitude for collaboration. Ability to work well both independently and as a team member.
- Strong project management skills with particular attention to details, ability to prioritize multiple projects and workstreams, and the ability to work under pressure in a deadline oriented environment.
- Highly innovative in solving problems and finding information.
- Solid understanding of government procurement preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to work well with others and to gain their cooperation.
- May occasionally be required to work extended hours or weekends to meet internal or customer deadlines.
- Organize and lead meetings as assigned.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
- Experience in technical schema design preferred.