Quality Assurance Manager (closed)
QUALITY ASSURANCE MANAGER
Develops, implements, and manage effective quality policies, programs, and system activities. Achieve high customer satisfaction by effectively managing direct personnel and work with the operating staff in accordance with company standards.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage the overall quality system to TS standards and provide data driven feedback to upper management.
- Manager/Supervise the employees of the Quality Department including offsite product or process evaluations of contractors.
- Perform annual performance evaluations and maintain records of the Quality Staff.
- Prepare a budget for the Quality Department.
- Assist with reducing manufacturing costs through quality improvements.
- Monitor quality system trends using process control methodologies, improvement actions and ensure proper root cause analysis and corrective actions.
- Identify system wide root causes and work with department managers and teams to predict defects and complaints then develop and implement solutions to improve.
- Perform plant wide audits on quality related activities and provide improvement plans on findings.
- Responsible for incoming inspection, process audits, skid check, warehouse and dock audits, inspection/measurement of parts, APQP quality documentation and samples (shipments and masters).
- Responsible for Document Control, lab management/calibration, gage validation, gage instructions, and data collection with Quality team.
- Respond formally to customer concerns and issues through offsite visits or formal written responses.
- Actively participate in resolution of product quality problems through interface with operations, sales and customer representatives.
- Active involvement in projects as they relate to quality and associated customer satisfaction issues.
- Supervisor quality testing projects.
- Maintains a working knowledge of government and industry quality assurance codes and standards.
Required Competencies, Skills and Experience
- Knowledge and implementation of process improvement initiative.
- Working knowledge of strategic planning.
- Strong ability to build relationships and persuade varying opinions.
- Strong ability to communicate with customers, associates, vendors and suppliers.
- Strong understanding of Microsoft Office and statistical applications.
- Strong understanding and implementation of ISO standards, ISO and TS/16949.
- Working knowledge of automotive core tools such as APQP, FMEA, PPAP, and MSA.
- Must have the ability to lead motivate and develop personnel, particularly with project and cross functional teams.
- Proficient in multiple technical disciplines, analytics and assurance techniques.
- Must follow all company rules, regulations and policies.
- Professional Certification such as Six Sigma, AME, SME.
Education and Job Experience Requirements
- BS in Engineering or BA degrees in job related field or equivalent work experience.
- 7-10 years progressive experience in Quality Assurance capacity in an automotive, Tier 1 or 2, environment.
- Previous experience with injection molding and manufacturing.
- ASQ-CQE or equivalent certification or QA Engineering.
- Minimum of 5 years management experience with strong communication and team building skills.
eNNOVEA, LLC offers competitive compensation and a comprehensive benefit package. We are an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity in the workplace. Qualified candidates should forward résumé and cover letter to FPEJobs@fpe-inc.com citing "Quality Assurance Manager" in the subject line.