Marketing Manager - Trade Show/Events
Marketing Manager - Events
Our client, a world leader in consulting and information technology services, partners with global 2000 companies to provide business consulting, system integration, application development, and product engineering services. They enable its clients to fully exploit technology for business transformation. The company has more than 149,000 employees in over 40 offices worldwide.
Summary of the position:
Carry responsibility and accountability for company's trade show and special event marketing program to support US domestic marketing strategies. This position requires excellent organizational, communication and cross-functional department liaison skills. The candidate should be innovative and creative with a convincing interactive style and able to think strategically on his or her feet. Candidate should also have experience in events management tools, digital marketing techniques as it relates to events, ROI and annual planning processes.
* Share management of external and internal events including trade shows, conferences, seminars, small group meetings, and annual client meeting
* Coordinate with vendor or facility, handle exhibit set-up, equipment and catering requirements. Provide on-site event support as needed.
* Evaluate industry and trade show trends to make recommendations on new and existing opportunities
* Assist with governance and adherence to corporate guidelines
* Develop and manage budgets, working closely through event development and execution to manage cost control
* Assist business unit marketing managers with administrative finance and accounting procedures
* Assist with the development of marketing and sales goals and specific strategies including local marketing of regional/international events
* Assist with marketing communications components and programs, such as email, press kits, newsletters, mailers, correspondence, brochures and promotional/information materials for new campaigns and yearly events/seminars
* Assist with PR and communication objectives around events as needed
* Assist with graphics, copy and production activities including presentations, print media, advertising, etc.
* Compose, or assist with, website updates including venue and event information, new articles, promotions, registration parameters, and community-building efforts
* Share in administrative functions such as data base management, invoicing, contracting, shipping, collateral fulfilment, vendor interaction and maintenance of collateral in storage and literature rooms
* Take a large responsibility for the content of all major company events
* Help drive the social media and digital tools functions for company events
* Assist with speaker selection and details related to speaker participation in events
* Improve event planning process and evaluate events upon completion
* Act as team lead for evaluating and implementing event automation tools that might range from planning, execution and reporting tools.
* Act as team lead for quarterly planning and reporting.
* Capable of creative problem solving and can "think on your feet"
* Possess strong communication skills and strong attention to detail
* Very strong writing skills – writing sample is requested
* Ability to handle multiple projects and delivery at the same time
* Can adhere to tight timelines and can pull together a team to make and stick to a project plan
* Strong negotiation skills
* Good analytical skills
* Positive attitude, good listener, motivated and enthusiastic about the job
* Ability to work in a fast-paced, sometimes stressful, atmosphere, with little supervision
* Comfortable working in a virtual (global) team environment
* BS/BA Degree in Marketing or Management, or Event Planning Certificate
* Minimum eight years of increasing responsibilities and experience in corporate event management environment
* Experience in marketing/event planning with proven record of achieving measurable results
* Previous experience with setting up large-scale events
* Good project management skills in a fast paced environment
* Proficiency in Word, Excel, PowerPoint and data bases
* Self-starter with strong organizational skills and track record of developing successful programs
* Experience working with C-level executives
* Ability to manage contractors or agencies
* Open to travel including on weekends
* Experience with social media
To be considered for this position, email a confidential resume as a Word document to email@example.com, type ATTN: Marketing/Events in the subject line of email. No sponsorship or 3rd Party – must be US Citizen or Green Card.