Sr. Level Data Center Network Architect with Current CCIE (closed)
Our direct client is seeking a Sr. Level Data Center Network Architect with Current CCIE to join their team.
- US Citizenship is required. Must be able to obtain and maintain a DHS Clearance.
Role and Responsibilities:
- The Network Architect will provide full network architecture services in support of our end-client's multi-tenant Data Center clients, some of the services at the data center are leveraged across clients in a secure manner while others are dedicated to a particular client environment.
- Seeking a hands on architect with capabilities to design and then build out the solution, develop financial business case for new solutions and refresh of existing technologies. Must be conversant in Data Center networking, security controls and security devices for multi-tenant environments. The position requires exceptional documentation skills utilizing visio, microsoft word and power point.
- Must possess ITIL understanding and adhere to established best practices for deploying technologies and solutions. Adherence to processes for architectural review board, change control, and configuration management is a must. Must be able to work across client environments and have current hands on skills on a number of key data center networking technologies. Excellent documentation communication skills are required for this position.
- Should have 10+ years of relevant data center network infrastructure and virtualization experience.
- Position requires a deep knowledge of Cisco devices, F5
- balancing devices, Nexus product lines, firewal1s and security
- practices and standards, in addition to networking protocols
- Protocols: OSFP, BGP, STP, MPLS, VRF, MP-BGP VPN, VPN
- routing/forwarding Foundational knowledge of IEEE 802.x standards
- Routers: Cisco 6500 series, ASR, Nexus lOOv, 5k, 7k
- Firewalls: McAfee, Fortinet, Cisco
- Other: F5 load balancers, Citrix Netscaler Certifications,
- CCIE (required)
- Minimum of a Bachelor's degree - Bachelor's degree in computer science, management information systems, or related field preferred
- Nine or more years of experience in networks, LAN/WAN or management information systems
- Experience working with multiple technical platforms (e.g.; mainframe, two-tiered client-server, three-tiered client-server) and multiple network systems (e.g.; Novell, Windows NT, etc)
- Experience working with network systems and networking principles, data, voice or video
- Experience working with network software and hardware, data, voice or video
- Experience working with proprietary software and hardware
- 10+ years of direct relevant experience with datacenter architecture or multi-tier systems including servers, storage and network infrastructure
- Master the requirements and evolution trends of the new generation datacenter solutions
- Design experience in Data Center Networking Systems and Network Security Systems
- Experience with network design, network capacity planning, monitoring, reconfigure, network hardware tuning, WAN optimization devices (i.e. RiverBed, etc) and network security
- Experience with Firewalls, Routers, Ethernet switching and f5 BigIP (GTM and L TM)
- Experience with sniffing software
- Experience with the DHS environment including One Net is a plus
- Skilled in time, priority and task management
- Interpersonal skills to interact with customers and team members
- Strong leadership skills to oversee project team
- Strong ability to analyze and solve complex problems using analytical and creative problem solving skills for design, creation and testing of networks
- Active in pursuing learning opportunities
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Ability to anticipate problems, resolve ambiguity and take decisive action
- Ability to convey a strong presence, professional image, and deal confidently with highly complex technical problems
- Willingness to travel.
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Excellent presentation skills
- Good analytical and problem solving skills
- Good leadership skills
Project management skills:
- Ability to identify how information technology can enable the achievement of business objectives
- Ability to lead and work in a team environment US Citizen, clearable.
- Strong network performance modeling and benchmarking
- Strong communication skills to interact with team management, customers and support personnel
If this sounds like a fit for you, please email email@example.com.