The Infrastructure Architect will be responsible for leading the architecture, design and implementation of the infrastructure, platforms and systems necessary to support Think Finance and its products. This position reports to the Director of Infrastructure and will partner with the Architects Application Development to architect the next generation platforms for . Excellent verbal communication skills, technical abilities and superior leadership ability are required.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide technical leadership and direction to systems and infrastructure engineers.
- Work with business units to understand application changes and requirements to be able to guide the systems engineers to adjust the systems to be more scalable, available, and high performance.
- Oversee the troubleshooting of performance problems in production, during development and QA testing to provide possible solutions and/or fixes.
- Provide the Director Infrastructure and other senior IT management with an overview of any 24/7 incident response due to the systems.
- Provide technical support to the infrastructure engineers in a 24x7 production environment.
- Verify Backup/Restore processes to insure usability.
- Enhance and facilitate communication between development and production architects, developers and engineers.
- Responsible for contributing to and implementing enterprise-class architectures across the organization.
- 24/7 Incident Response to systems and infrastructure alerts from production monitoring tools.
- Manage and support complex messaging systems including Microsoft Exchange 2003/2007, Microsoft LCS 2005/OCS 2007, StrongMail, and Linux-based MTAs.
- Manage and support EMC Clarion CX3/CX4 SANs, Fiber-Channel fabrics using converged networking, VMware vSphere clusters, and related technologies.
- Manage and support clustered file shares, web servers, SharePoint sites, Windows 2003/2008 servers, and in-house .Net applications.
- Manage and support layer-2 network switching, layer-3 routing hardware, Cisco ASA firewalls, and hardware load balancers.
- Act as part of a team to evaluate solutions, troubleshoot problems, and maintain infrastructure systems.
- Ability to analyze and provide implementation plans.
- Build and modify systems to meet project and user requirements.
- Provide advanced troubleshooting for applications and systems.
- Provide technical support for Windows related project activities.
- Provide 24 x 7 on call support as part of a scheduled rotation with other team members.
- Provide mentoring to fellow administrators.
- Configure and tune hardware and software to insure optimum performance and resource utilization.
- Generate technical support documentation for systems and application.
- Perform other assigned duties as needed
Experience and Education:
- Minimum 5 years in a +100 server Windows environment.
- Minimum 3 years experience with routing and switching.
- Required Minimum 3 years experience using VMware Enterprise software.
- Required MCSA 2003 Certification, MCITP: Server Administrator, or higher level.
- Required VMware VCP certification (VI3 or vSphere).
- Preferred 3 years experience with Cisco ASA/PIX or Similar Hardware.
- Bachelors in Computer Science or equivalent work experience.
- Preferred proficiency with monitoring tools like SCOM 2007, MOM, etc.
- Proficiency with Active Directory 2003/2008 Domain administration.
- Experience debugging applications, services, and network problems.
- Experience installing and configuring systems/software unassisted.
- Helpful experiences include: Professional experience in Lending or Financial Services, E-Commerce, supporting development teams in a .NET environment
Required Skills, Abilities, Soft Skill Factors:
- Must be a detail-oriented, security conscious, and proficient in troubleshooting.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Server 2003/2008, VMware VI3/vSphere, VBS/Power Shell scripting, Active Directory design, SAN administration.
- Fluency with appropriate advanced administration tools as well as the entire Microsoft Office suite.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills are a must.
- Comfortable in a fast-pace environment, working across multiple projects simultaneously.
- Must have the desire to work on new, innovative, cutting edge technologies.