Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Support ongoing product maintenance, including production support, cross team communication and a highly auditable and verbose log of remediation actions taken.
- Remain informed of supported product team features and functionality. This includes attending product team meetings and stakeholder reviews as appropriate.
- Provide first and second level support for custom and commercial applications.
- Troubleshoots, diagnoses, and resolves application issues for the following components: Product web site features, Underlying services and integration, Automated business processes (ACH, statements/payments, customer communication), Web server issues, Application server issue, Database server issues.
- Run database queries and update / modify SQL scripts.
- Assist in creation of application troubleshooting documentation.
- Assist in application support handoff from product teams and development to application support team.
- Assist in root cause analysis for application failures.
- SLA Management and Enforcement.
- Foster relationships internally with the leaders and key personnel of departments with whom AppOps works closely.
- Consistent delivery of excellent customer service.
- Cultivate an environment that encourages personal growth and development, open communications, and teamwork.
- Work with business stakeholders to understand, refine and document key processes.
- Recommend improvements and assist in changes to best practices.
- Complete all other projects as assigned.
- Required experience managing and supporting web applications in a multiple server web farm.
- Required Windows administration experience.
- Minimum 3 years? experience with IIS web server configuration in a Windows.
- Server 2003 or 2008 environment.
- Experience with .Net windows services installation and configuration.
- Required Windows scripting experience.
- Experience with C# a plus.
- Experience with Help Desk support.
- Bachelor?s degree or equivalent in work experience.
- Experience in a Financial Services industry is a plus.
Required Skills & Abilities:
- Must be a detail-oriented, security conscious, and proficient in troubleshooting.Excellent written and verbal communications skills are a must.
- Strong experience with scalable, distributed enterprise windows environments.
- Strong working understanding of Windows Server 2008 operating system, and its security.
- Strong understanding of IIS 6.0 and 7.0 web servers and web-farm load balancing operations. Basic experience with SQL Server 2005/2008.
- Ability to create/modify scripts and automation tools to streamline and enhance the launch process.
- Advanced understanding of IP addressing and DNS.
- Ability to create processes and documentation standards.
- Ability to work and communicate effectively in a team environment.
- Comfortable in a fast-pace environment, working across multiple projects simultaneously.
- Must be punctual and dependable.
- Must have the desire to work on new, innovative, cutting edge technologies.
- Must be able to provide on-call support on a rotating schedule.