Help Desk Analyst (closed)
Put your years of experience into a future of excellence with CGI Federal! CGI is seeking a Helpdesk Analyst to support the Joint Strike Fighter program in Patuxent River, MD.
- Provide first line response for users requiring assistance with information technology issues and problems (via phone, email, etc.)
- Diagnose and troubleshoot problems with PCs, software, communications devices, servers and network connections as required.
- Track issues to resolution updating the internal knowledge base and communicate with relevant business units.
- Conduct installation, upgrade and overall maintenance of PC desktop systems, software and peripherals.
- Physically install and/or move system hardware, including computers, monitors, peripheral equipment, and printers.
- Ensure that appropriate desktop virus/security restrictions meet established policies.
- Create, update and manage trouble tickets and manage ticket queues.
- Coordinate with supporting teams to ensure proper hand-off, escalation, and closure of Helpdesk tickets.
- Escalate more involved problems to Tier 2 & Tier 3 support teams.
- AV/Conferencing Support – enables users to connect to VTCs and JVTCs as well as use the conference room equipment.
- Perform COMSEC audits, management of encryptor and STE phones, and supporting COMSEC Inspections.
- Coordinates ordering and supply management (e.g., toner, etc.) – ensures that an accurate inventory of IT supplies are kept on site.
- Serves as the On-Site Support for performing all server backups (Tape Management) – ensures that all back up jobs are running, as well as ships tapes to designated site.
- Performs New User, New Software, and refresher training - enables users to use software and hardware efficiently.
- Infotech Site ADPE responsible officer for managing asset inventory – ensures IT assets are properly stored and tracked.
Qualifications: A High School Diploma or equivalent and one year of relevant experience is required for this position.
- The ability to hold a DoD SECRET security clearance is required (U.S. Citizenship is required).
- Must have a Security+ Certification.
- 1-2 years of previous experience supporting customers, both in person and remotely, in an Information Technology, Help Desk environment.
- Experience with Remedy Action Request ticket system.
- Experience with Windows 7, XP, Active Directory, Network & VPN basics, and BlackBerry
- Experience with COMSEC & VTC equipment
- Ability to communicate clearly by telephone as well as in writing.
- Strong listening and troubleshooting skills.
- Flexible to works shifts between 0700-1800 hours.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize work in an organized and efficient manner with minimal supervision.
Qualified applicants must apply online at: https://cgi.njoyn.com/cgi/xweb/xweb.asp?clid=21001&page=jobdetails&jobid=J0912-1254&BRID=EX215740&SBDID=1
At CGI, we’re a team of builders. We call our employees members because all who join CGI are building their own company - one that has grown to professionals located in 125 offices worldwide. Founded in 1976, CGI is a leading IT and business process services firm committed to helping clients succeed. We have the global resources, expertise, stability and dedicated professionals needed to achieve results for our clients - and for our members. Come grow with us. Learn more at www.cgi.com.
This is a great opportunity to join a winning team. CGI offers a competitive compensation package with opportunities for growth and professional development. Benefits for full-time, permanent members start on the first day of employment and include a paid time-off program and profit participation and stock purchase plans.
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for this position, however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.