ETL Developer (closed)
*** No sponsorship is available; US Citizens are encouraged to apply ***
- Under direction, participates as a high technical expert in design, development, coding, testing and debugging new software or enhancements to existing software.
- Works with other technical staff to understand problems with software and develops specifications to resolve them.
- Assists as a technical mentor in training for less-experienced development staff.
- Test developer tool upgrades
- Support contingency testing for applications
- Perform contingency testing and environment setup
- 4 - 7 years of experience developing and supporting moderate to complex data warehouses or data marts
- 5+ years experience working with ETL (extraction, transformation and loading) technologies
- 3+ years experience working with Business Objects
- 7+ Years IT experience
- Data warehouse or data mart analysis and design experience
- Practical experience and knowledge in the following technologies and tools
- Extract, Transform and Load (ETL) Tools (Informatica and MS SQL Server 2008 – SSIS, SSAS, etc.).
- Data Modeling - Dimensional and Normalized Relational
- SQL Development (MS SQL Server 2000, 2005 and 2008)
- Business Intelligence Tools (Business Objects, Hyperion, etc)
- Crystal Reports and On-Line Analytical Processing (OLAP)
- Operating System Environments (Windows, Unix, etc.).
- Ability to write clear and concise technical documents
- Ability to clearly document a process or procedure for others to follow
- Ability to be relied upon to complete a task or project with minimal supervision.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills along with exceptional customer service skills
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or other related field (or equivalent work experience)
Nice to have: One or more of the Data Warehousing related certifications