Drilling Engineer (closed)
Major Operator Seeking Drilling Engineer to support GOM Deepwater Drilling Projects
Please email resumes to: firstname.lastname@example.org
• Engineering degree
• 5 years or more of well design and operations experience
• Gulf of Mexico (GOM) drilling experience is a plus although not mandatory.
Major Operator in New Orleans supports a variety of subsea deepwater drilling projects, consisting development wells primarily and also near field exploration. The wells are planned to be drilled with deepwater capable drill ships or semi submersibles. The Operator owns mulitple rigs on contract in the GOM and is expected to increase the rig count in the coming years. The wells ranges from 15,000' - 30,000' TVD located in 3000' to 10,000' water depth. The work conducted in New Orleans, consists of the design and execution of new wells and sidetrack from existing subsea wells. The well designs are often influenced by salt structures, depleted sands and other subsurface considerations.
The successful candidate will work with the subsurface and operations experts to develop and execute the well design according to Shell design and HSE standards. The drilling engineer will plan the wells according to the Well Delivery Process and adhere to Discipline Controls in place.
The purpose of this opening is to enhance Shell's New Orleans based deepwater subsea drilling engineering team with an experienced drilling engineer.
The candidate will support the Operators production group and be an integral part of the wells team, which consist of completion and drilling engineers, and will work with the extended subsurface team. The drilling engineer position is specifically in New Orleans.
• HSE is the most critical aspect of planning and executing these wells.
• Knowledge and commitment to implement Goal Zero and life saving rules.
• Delivering on individual well critical success factors.
• Well pressure containment integrity.
• Selecting the appropriate technologies to maximize value to the project.
• Compliance with internal and external well design requirements.