Software Engineer III or Senior (closed)
The NAIC is currently looking for a Software Engineer.
Here’s who we’re looking for:
Are you the type of person who thrives on assisting other talented software engineers in resolving their application problems? Are you bored if you don’t have three to five projects going on at once? You like a challenge whether that is coding in the latest technologies, finding a way to resolve a problem in a technology that outdated, or working through configuration problems. You are the go-to person when no one else can find a tool or a coding solution and are able to sell your recommendation. You are exited at the end of the day when you made someone else’s job easier.
If you are working for us, here are some of the things you would have done last week:
- Supported enterprise credit card system, assisting other developer with the integration of the service.
- Made modification to a service and supporting application using SOA, Java 5, JSon, Spring-MVC, eclipselink, JQuery and EJBs
- Coded on a plugin for JIRA to assist in our deployment process
- Worked with another development team to move them to Hudson and automate their testing using JUnit, TestNG, and QCP.
- Assisted a team in developing in Java 4, and a custom framework to help them hit a tough deadline so they would have time to get to the newer technologies.
- Debugged a problem with another development team application where the development team thought it might be an ESB issue but it was really the customer was not setup correctly in OAM.
- Enhanced a front-end application to include date graph but had to use the older technologies until they get to Java 6 using Glassfish.
- Met with the Architects to discuss how we will implement WebLogic across the company.
- Made minor configurations changes for another team.
- Completed the release documentation required for an enhancement for an alert system.
- Working on becoming Web Logic 12 expert through proof-of-concepts setup in Linux sandbox
Other things you might do:
- Evaluate the impact of IOS 5 on our mobile applications
- Assist in defining the standards for mobile development
- Create proof-of-concepts in the latest technologies to assist other developers in learning something new
- Evaluate new tools and provide recommendations. This last month it was Job Scheduler and spell checker for IE.
If this job sounds like something you would love to do every day and you want to be part of a great team, we definitely want to hear from you.