GIS Consultant (closed)
Our client, a major engineering consultancy, wishes to appoint an experienced and competent GIS Consultant to work with their engineering teams within Christchurch and Canterbury.
The role focuses on providing analysis/geospacial services to internal engineering and project teams as specialist input into the company’s portfolio of current projects. Duties tend to focus specifically on map production and data analysis for projects across a range of industry sectors.
To be suitable for this position you will be at the intermediate-level of your career, and will have gained experience across a broad range of heavy industry and infrastructure environments. A comprehensive appreciation of the consultancy project cycle is needed, and so your experience will be practically, rather than academically biased.
- Data management skills and experience. This is of critical importance.
- Effective client-facing (internal and external) skills, combined with an excellent level of written and verbal communication ability.
- Web-based mapping or scripting skills, such as application programming or web services.
- Water network modelling experience would be particularly well-regarded.
- Experience of working within a multi-disciplinary engineering team.
- ESRI Arc 10 software skills.
- A degree-level qualification.
In return, an excellent remuneration package is offered, along with excellent long-term career prospects.
TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS POSITION YOU MUST HAVE AN EXISTING RIGHT TO LIVE AND WORK IN NEW ZEALAND.
For more information, please contact Steve Payne on +61 7 3114 4506 or email email@example.com