Accounts Receivable Associate - Healthcare (closed)
One of Hollister's top clients is a growing healthcare organization located North of Boston. They are working exclusively with Hollister on a search for an Accounts Receivable Associate. This position is open due to an internal promotion. We are seeking a strong candidate with 3 or more years of Accounts Receivable experience in Healthcare with a working knowledge of medical billing.
The candidate will perform a variety of billing functions to minimize accounts receivable. This position works within a team to gain knowledge and expertise in billing as well as internal policies and procedures. To become an expert at utilizing electronic billing and medical retrieval systems as well as knowledge of medical billing and insurance rules and regulations to resolve accounts receivable issues.
This position will report directly to a dynamic manager and will represent a tremendous growth opportunity within this top healthcare organization!
- Demonstrate competency and a thorough understanding of rules and regulations for all HMO, government and commercial insurance plans.
- Knowledge with appeals process based on payer specific issues.
- Demonstrate proficiency with a variety of automations, including by not limited to Medic, Allscripts, GE Centricity, EMR, Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and payer websites. Navigate patient accounts utilizing the practice management system to effectively problem solve issues.
- Posting adjustments, applying or moving monies as necessary to complete the resolution of each invoice.
- Effectively handle telephone inquiries from insurance companies and other departments within the CBO. Gather and interpret all relevant information to help resolve issues or complaints. Document issues thoroughly in the practice management system by using appropriate rejection code
- Ensure that all areas that have a direct relationship to cash flow (i.e. claim forms, fatal and non-fatal claim edits, insurance claim scrubber reports) are worked as assigned by Team Supervisor.
- Meet deadlines and productivity standards for CBO, including but not limited to: 1. Insurance verification 2. Correspondence 3. Billing/mailing claims 4. Working claim edits & scrubbers 5. Third party follow-up including secondary billing
- Refund initiation process.
- 3 years’ experience in medical billing and AR systems preferred
- Effective communication skills (both verbal and written) required
- Ability to assume a high level of responsibility and autonomy
- Ability to interact with people from all levels of the organization
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Detailed working knowledge of medical terminology
- Strong computer skills; particularly Microsoft Excel
- Adapt positively to changes in the work setting with ease
- Demonstrate proficiency with CENTRICITY, EMR, Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and Payer Websites.