Accountant - Fixed Assets (closed)
Compass Group Canada is the leading food service and support services company in Canada with over 25,000 associates and $1.45 billion in revenues.
Our vision for growth and success is a powerful one, to combine fresh ideas with the industry’s greatest talent -- Great People, Great Service, Great Results! Because we ‘live’ our values, Compass Group Canada was named to the 2012 Top 100 Employers list in Canada for the fourth consecutive year.
The Finance and Accounting Department plays a very important role in managing and monitoring the company’s growth and success. Not only does it support day-to-day accounting activities for over 1800 operating units, but also it is involved in budgeting, forecasting, financial analysis and higher level strategic decisions.
Position: Accountant – Fixed Assets (9 month contract)
Location: London, Ontario
Overview:We are currently seeking a Accountant - Fixed Assets to work in our Finance and Accounting Department located in London, Ontario. This motivated and results oriented individual will be working in a very busy fixed asset department; liaise with operations and external suppliers on a daily basis and deliver results according to deadlines. The successful candidate will report to the Senior Analyst – Fixed Assets.
- Responsible for administration, accounting and reporting for assigned fixed asset aspect for Compass Group Canada (including review of capital requests, follow up on outstanding issues from suppliers, maintenance of assets in Fixed Asset module, administration of FA memos, etc.
- Analysis and reconciliation of assigned fixed asset accounts
- Initiate and process coding of asset invoices
- Responsible for ensuring all approvals are in accordance with Compass Group requirement
- Responsible for period end activity (run depreciation jobs, reconcile FA subledger to General Ledger, etc.)
- Responsible for Dell leases (administration, analysis
- Complete analysis and queries as required by operation
- Define opportunities for process improvement in order to enhance accuracy and efficiency of a very busy Fixed Assets department
- Ability to handle tight time schedule, posses excellent time management skills and willing to work overtime when required
- Involved in other duties and special projects as assigned
Skills and Qualifications:
- Currently enrolled in accounting designation program (CGA/CMA) – 3rd level
- Accounting Degree or Diploma required
- A minimum of two years experience in a computerized accounting environment
- Excellent analytical skills and problem-solving skills
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and deadlines with a positive, can-do attitude
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, capable of professional interaction with various levels of operations and other department managers
- Excellent proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Detail oriented and willingness to delve into problem in order for successful issue resolution
- Able to work overtime when required
- Experience with JD Edward
To apply click, http://bit.ly/KuhCMN
Please submit you application by May 23, 2012 - we will not accept applications after the deadline date
For other great opportunities with Compass Canada, visit careers.compass-canada.com.
Thank you for your interest in a career with The Compass Group!
Look for us on Facebook and LinkedIn! Follow us on http://twitter.com/CompassCANJobs
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. We will consider your resume for additional opportunities.
Compass Group Canada is committed to fostering a diverse and representative workforce and an inclusive work environment where all employees are treated fairly.