Senior Tax Supervisor (closed)
This is a DIRECT HIRE opportunity for our client, a leading regional public accounting firm in the San Francisco Bay Area providing a wide variety of financial services to a diversified, prestigious clientele specializing in audit, tax compliance, estate planning, consulting, and litigation support services. Our client is committed to long term career development and growth as well as work life balance. They are currently seeking talented tax professionals for our San Francisco and Silicon Valley offices.
The Tax Senior role will be responsible for a full array of tax services in the areas of individual, partnership, corporate, trusts, estates and not-for-profit organizations and consulting to high net worth entrepreneurs, businesses, and family groups. They will possess an understanding of accounting principles and develop professional relationships that contribute to exceptional client service. The successful Tax Senior will effectively manage their time and deliverables, while taking ownership of assignments and accepting responsibility for work product.
The ideal candidate will have excellent client relationship skills, experience and/or aptitude for business development, and experience working in a paperless environment. In addition, a viable candidate would have experience mentoring tax staff, light review experience, and MUST have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- 3-5 years of public accounting experience in a professional services firm
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Business Administration or Economics
- Strong accounting background and able to deal with complex accounting issues
- Strong technical knowledge with a thorough understanding of generally accepted accounting standards, procedures and techniques
- Experience working with privately held companies, investment/private equity, professional services, distributions companies, and/or non-profit organizations a plus
- Possess effective supervisory and delegation skills
- Committed to best practices of the firm and consistently demonstrate ethical behavior
- Excellent project and time management skills
- Extremely detail-oriented
- Flexible in a variety of situations and team-player
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Licensed CPA preferred
- Must successfully pass a background check