Operations Manager (closed)
Please link to: http://bit.ly/IZxvv0 apply directly on line at: careers.compass-canada.com
Compass Group Canada is the leading food service and support services company in Canada with over 25,000 associates and $1.45 billion in revenues.
Our vision for growth and success is a powerful one, to combine fresh ideas with the industry’s greatest talent - Great People, Great Service, Great Results! Because we ‘live’ our values, Compass Group Canada was named to the 2012 Top 100 Employers list in Canada for the fourth consecutive year.
The Marquise Group Division of Compass Group Canada specializes in facilities and property management, hospitality services, and customer service. Currently we employ over 3,000 employees in over 100 different locations across Western Canada providing services to airports, commercial buildings, educational facilities, retail centres and healthcare industry.
Position: Operations Manager
Location: Calgary, Alberta
Reports to: General Manager
Overview: The position of the Operations Manager is a Supervisory role. It entails Managing and supporting your Managers, staff and clients by implementing the Marquise Operations Systems. The Operations Manager is responsible for all activities at all of their sites under their portfolio.
- Schedule work, establish courses of action, allocate time and resources, assign responsibilities, conceptualize
- Ensure strategic succession planning is in place to ensure all sites have staff that can replace each position onsite as needed.
- Effective staff scheduling within recommended budgets. E.g.: starting wage for position, hours of work for each position, etc…
- Assist subordinates and other employees in their work environment to obtain their goals and objectives
Training and Performance Management
- Training program fully supported and in use
- Performance Evaluations are properly documented and are on time, communicated, and wage increases implemented in a timely manner
- Disciplinary actions are written up in a fair and consistent manner in accordance with all applicable company policies and labor standards
- Train, coach and give immediate performance feedback whenever an instance is observed to build productivity and performance
- All staff has been properly trained and is followed up on in the use of heavy duty equipment to minimize risk of injury and damage to machinery and property
- Hire only high quality applicants and do proper reference checks and security clearances as warranted
- Evaluate of progress, assess problems, modify plans, and measure results
- All sites must rate a minimum good to excellent rating on all Quality Assurance Audits. Action plans must be in place for problem areas or accounts. Quality Assurance audits must be completed monthly and forwarded to our Regional Office
- Regular Monitoring of the OH&S program and Hazard identification at sites to minimize WCB and Insurance claims
- Cycle cleaning scheduled reviewed for timeliness and followed up on
- All sites operate in compliance with all applicable Labor Standards
- Spot check equipment log books frequently for compliance
- Give assistance to the HR department in regards to WCB and insurance claims
- Sign in sheets are spot checked on visits to ensure accuracy and identify problems
- All appropriate paperwork fully completed and on time. E.g.: All payroll paperwork (payroll, hires, terms, rate changes…), WCB related forms, weekly labor variances, etc… Also payroll spot-checked for accuracy and fraudulence, especially possible inaccurate payrolls on stat holiday pay periods
- Employee files must contain all pertinent information and must be kept current. Performance reviews, progressive action notices must be done as required and the information put in the employee file.
- Turnover information is kept up to date and past employees are removed from payroll at time of turnover
- Management expense reports and receipts are reviewed for accuracy prior to approving
- Ensure all labor costs are within recommended budget
- Ensure all Controllable items are within recommended budget
- Seasonal activities and costs associated with these tasks are planned ahead for and budgeted accordingly. E.g.: Spring cleanups, Xmas hours, Stripping and waxing programs, etc
- All P&L’s reviewed monthly with Account Managers
- The P.M program is used effectively to limit unwarranted M&R costs
- Observant of all cost control opportunities and take action immediately when opportunities are observed
- Ordering program is used effectively to trim costs associated. E.g.: Bi-weekly or even monthly ordering to cut down on order process time for you, our office, suppliers, and staff putting away supplies
- All recommended security procedures are in place to minimize theft. E.g.: locked storage areas, key sign in/out sheets in use, supply sign out sheets, etc
- Employee’s scheduled to work on stat holidays are paid in accordance with appropriate Labor Standards and in the most cost effective way
- Employee turnover is monitored and controlled to minimize costs
- Extra billings are reviewed for accuracy and aggressively pursued
Team Building and Maintaining Relationships
- Always willing to lend hand to other sites/regions as needed whether it is staff, training, expertise, equipment, and supplies etc…
- Maintain effective interpersonal relations and co-operate with all individuals necessary to meet objectives
- Cast a shadow at the workplace that contributes to high staff retention, high morale, and a positive, trusting and sincere attitude
- Show ability to use appropriate behavioral style at the appropriate time in order to show care and concern
- Feedback from all clients is positive and encouraging
- Feedback from Management and staff is positive and encouraging
- Employee, management and your personal appearance standards are in line with company standards
- Enthusiastically attend and participate in staff functions, and promote all company incentive and employee recognition programs
- Maintain positive working relationship with all suppliers, clients and their staff, retailers, our staff and office staff
- Meet and communicate with client at minimum monthly intervals (depending on clients needs) and any client concerns mentioned via one on ones, phone calls, emails etc…are handled ASAP, communicated and documented.
Work Ethic and Self Development
- Self initiated action toward meeting job requirements; self improvement activities in order to meet demands of position and assume greater responsibilities
- Performance of all job activities, quality of work, quantity of work, knowledge of the job, meeting the objectives, etc
- Ask for support if needed or if unsure of something
- Attend company related training programs. For example; W.C.B courses, Labor Standard courses, etc
Qualifications (please only apply if you meet all required qualifications.)
- Three (3) years experience in Management of Facilities/Janitorial
- Post Secondary Education would be an asset
- Strong organizational Skills
- Strong communication skills
- Strong Leadership skills
- Ability to prioritize and meet deadlines
- Strong Customer Service and relationship building skills
For other great opportunities with Compass Canada, visit careers.compass-canada.com. **
Thank you for your interest in a career with The Compass Group!
Look for us on Facebook and LinkedIn! Follow us on http://twitter.com/CompassCANJobs
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. We will consider your resume for additional opportunities.
Compass Group Canada is committed to fostering a diverse and representative workforce and an inclusive work environment where all employees are treated fairly.