Director of Pharmacy (closed)
Perform duties to develop, direct and implement a pharmacy benefit management program. Aid the Vice President of Medical Affairs in formulating and administering related organizational policies and procedures, including pharmacy service quality, pharmacy utilization management and achievement of Company goals for pharmacy and medical programs.
Bachelor’s or advanced degree in Pharmacy. 3+ years of clinical pharmacy care experience. 3+ years of recent contracting, quality improvement and management experience in a healthcare environment, preferably managed care. Thorough knowledge of pharmaceutical care and pharmacy benefit management practices as well management experience.
Manager: Critical Thinking/Execution, Adaptability/Flexibility, Communication/Relationship Development, Technical and Professional Knowledge
- · Establish the strategic vision, objectives and policies and procedures for the pharmacy program in support of the corporate strategic vision.
- · Plan, direct and implement pharmacy activities.
- · Act as the pharmacy contract administrator for the development and implementation of key contracts and ensure that relevant performance standards are met by vendors.
- · Resolve disputes, grievances and complaints involving pharmacy program issues.
- · Participate in external accreditation initiatives.
- · Participate in relevant boards, task forces, committees, meetings and other activities.
- · Manage relationships with key vendors such as pharmacy benefit management companies and pharmaceutical companies.
- · Support provider education initiatives such as counter detailing and incentive programs.
- · Manage and analyze operating costs and participate in preparing the annual budget for the assigned work function at both corporate and the health plans.
- · Review and analyze reports, records and directives, and confer with staff to obtain data required for planning work function activities.
- · Conduct statistical analysis of data related to assigned work function, and prepare reports and records on data and the assigned work function activities for management and corporate.
Licenses/Certifications: Registered Pharmacist with an unrestricted license in the state of employment with eligibility for pharmacy licensure elsewhere. Current driver’s license may be required.