BI/DW HS: Cognos Metadata Architect (OLAP CUBES, Adhoc, Guided Adhoc, Dashboards & Canned reports) (closed)
Q Analysts is looking for a Cognos Metadata Architect for one of its clients located in Pleasanton, CA.
· ***In-person interview will be required!!!!!***
· Analysis, design and implementation of the Cognos metadata layer, expert in Framework Manager, ReportNet, Power Play.
· Test and debug Cognos metadata layer and reports.
· Research and resolve Cognos technical issues.
· Partner with the Data Warehouse Architect to ensure the data model supports the reporting requirements.
· Soft skills: Excellent Communicator, Ability to Multi Task
· Size of the team: 10
· Information on the project: MARC (Metrics & Analytics for Revenue Cycle) - A business intelligence reporting system that provides dashboards and scorecards tailored to a diverse group of users across the Revenue Cycle
· Top 3-5 daily responsibilities:
· Architecture recommendations and implementation on sizing , scaling, load balancing
· Manage/Coordinate metadata migration across environments
· Responsible for implementing best practices on Cognos report design, development and testing
· Liase with Business and technical staff to ensure accurate understanding of Biz requirements and translation of biz requirements
· Develop the standards for Cognos BI implementation
· Creating Complex reports which may require using Cognos SDK and/or Java Scripting
· Top 3-5 required skills:
· Strong experience in creating OLAP CUBES using Transformer
· Strong experience in creating Framework models
· Deep understanding of best practices on Security and Modeling
· Hands on experience in creating complex drill through reports
· Architect a Cognos application which can support Adhoc reporting, Guided Adhoc, Dashboards and Canned reports
· Experience in building at least one Cognos Reporting Solution from inception to delivery
· Hand on and extremely proficient in Java Scripting
· Ability to work with multi user decision stream development environment. Design, development, test and maintain the Cognos metadata layer (Framework Manager).
· Nice to have skills: Experience in upgrading Cognos from 8.4 to 10