PL/SQL Developer (closed)
Our client, a Financial Services Corporation has an immediately need for a PL/SQL Developer. This will be an 18-month contract working onsite in San Francisco. Work experience in messaging/notifications applications and other web services/interfacing systems is highly desired.
- B.S. degree or equivalent in Computer Science or a closely related field
- Experience writing commercially-deployed PL/SQL code
- 7+ years' application development and implementation experience.
- Proven strong coding expertise in PL/SQL, Perl
- Experience writing SQL queries in a high-volume OLTP environment
- In-depth knowledge of Oracle and SQL tuning techniques
- Hands on working experience with Oracle database, SQL, UNIX shell scripting (PERL) with 5+ years of experience in building large and complex systems
- Experience in working with onshore and offshore resources as part of the team
- Demonstrated understanding of software version control and experience in working with version control tools including Clearcase or Subversion and Clearquest/UCM
- Ability to demonstrate strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate through oral and written communication skills - Demonstrated strong sense of ownership for products
- Demonstrated ability to work independently with skills to lead and direct technical challenges
- Strong understanding of Oracle RAC - Proven coding expertise in Java - Knowledge of Autosys and experience creating JIL scripts - Working knowledge of Tomcat - Familiarity with Maven and Ant build systems - Passion for mentoring peers and less experienced developers - Financial industry experience - Role model as team player
ADVANTIS Global Services, a national IT staffing and consultancy service provider is committed to delivering the very best talent and IT solutions to Fortune 500 and leading mid-market companies throughout the United States. ADVANTIS has become a trusted advisor to some of the nation’s leading businesses. Our talented professionals pursue the highest levels of integrity and quality in providing a unique portfolio of IT opportunities to our top flight workforce across a wide array of industries, including: Healthcare, Banking and Financial Services, Technology, Retail, Telecommunications, and Energy. Visit us today at www.advantisglobal.com