Quantitative Researcher (closed)
Hedge fund looking for a strong, motivated computational scientist to work on quantitative research and modeling in the financial industry.
Experience in the financial industry is optional, but the candidate should have the skills and the interest to apply computational and scientific methods to deliver real-world results. Relevant backgrounds could be from other “big data” realms: pharmaceutical research, bioinformatics, computational physics, computational chemistry, machine learning, or natural language processing.
The most important criterion is that the candidate has great problem solving skills and knows how to work with large data sets. The candidate must have strong technical knowledge and be able to develop his/her own models in Java (preferred) or C++.
Work location is either California or New York.
* Advanced degree (PhD preferred) in a hard science or closely related field
* Excellent Java and/or C++ skills including recent hands-on experience
* Real-world experience applying advanced algorithms to large data sets, visualization of big data, and/or working in large database/data warehouse environments
* Effective communication skills
* Creative problem-solving skills