Compliance Specialist (closed)
Title: QC Compliance Specialist
Location: Fairfax, VA
InScope International (www.inscopeinternational.com) is the consulting firm of choice for organizations seeking to drive innovation and impact society. For over eight years, InScope has possessed capabilities in technology services, enterprises strategy, mission systems and professional staffing. InScope’s core value proposition is our mission-centric orientation which sets the framework to address evolving global issues that we are passionate about as a company. These issues range from public initiative such as housing affordability and sustainable energy; national security concerns including non-proliferation and warfighter support, and technology innovations in the form of cloud computing and Green IT. InScope recognizes that the employee is our greatest asset. In addition to offering outstanding skills and flexibility, their diverse personal and professional qualities define our culture. We offer an excellent compensation package which includes salary, insurance (medical, dental & vision) paid leave, 401k with contribution, a unique certification bonus program and company sponsored events & programs. InScope is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against otherwise qualified applicants on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, age, sex, marital status, national origin, disability or handicap, or veteran status.
The Quality Control – Compliance Specialist will be primarily responsible for coordinating independent efforts on quality checking. The Specialist will be responsible for defining, creating, and implementing workflow and benchmarks to meet the critical quality indicators for the department.
- Defines and implements strategic benchmarks/goals of the Quality Control team
- Owns day-to-day personnel and workflow management of the Quality Control team
- Conducts independent reviews of compliance with Federal Regulations (TILA, RESPA, etc…) as well as State Regulations.
- Acts as a secondary interface for escalated Quality Control questions
- Understands compliance ratios and FHA, VA & Investor guidelines
- Understands client perspective
- Expands and broadens interdepartmental relationships in an effort to assure overall quality
- Collaboration with the Quality Control Manager for strategic initiatives
- Responsible for complying with the various rules, regulations, policies and ethical standards governing the financial services industry including compliance with the Bank Secrecy Act.
- Other duties as assigned
- Four year college degree preferred, but commensurate experience considered
- 2-3 years of experience in compliance and processing required
- Preference given to candidates with mortgage banking, or mortgage loan servicing industries
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office applications, Microsoft Outlook and the Internet required
- Ability to interact effectively at multiple levels within the organization
- Team player and team leader skills, valuing collaboration and support more than internal competition
- Solid prioritization and project management skills
- Ability to balance strategic thinking with tactical implementation
- Proven creative problem-solving capabilities
- Strong analytical framework for creating logical recommendations
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills required
- Strong evidence of initiative and follow-through