Sales Engineer - Enterprise Software - San Francisco (closed)
Sales Engineer experienced working with enterprise software to support the sale of Enterprise Software, Management and Cloud solutions. The Sales Engineering team is responsible for architecting solutions, presenting compelling recommendations, and convincing prospective customers to leverage industry-leading solutions.
As our ideal candidate, you are a top technical expert with strong business acumen who can present to executive lT leadership with a compelling business case to invest in product based solutions. Our Sales Engineers are seen by our customers as seasoned, technical experts of our technology. You will collaborate with the sales team and technical delivery teams to bring our customers the best solutions from across the Product Lines.
- Provides pre-sale technical marketing support for our customers and partners
- Answers technical portions of RFP/RFIs
- Conducts live demonstrations of products
- Educates prospects on the capabilities of software products
- Identifies the appropriate technologies to solve client problems
- Forms relationships with clients technical staff to identify new opportunities Represents company to the customer and the customer to the Business Unit in sales-related matters
- Works with the sales team throughout all stages of the sales process
- Works to create successful customer relationships, that can become references for future sales opportunities
- Pre sales / sales-engineering experience a plus but not required
- Effective Technical Communication (ability to explain technical concepts to non-technical audiences)
- Good presentation skills (to small and large groups of mixed audiences: business, technical, management)
- Knowledge of enterprise architecture (UNIX, RDBMS, Clustering, Storage, Systems Management Virtualization/Cloud, etc.)
- Ability to identify business needs and issues, and effectively map solutions
- Experience in the Linux space, and other distributions
- Self-directed, must be able to prioritize efforts to meet the business goals.
- Team oriented, must work well with others and make contributions to the team's success.
- Fluency in English and willingness to travel
- Bachelor’s degree