Network Administrator (closed)
Virginia Beach or Los Angles Office- Relocation Available
Would you like to upgrade and surround yourself with like-minded people and leading edge hardware? How about the opportunity to work in multiple data centers, amongst 1000s of servers? Do you enjoy solving and troubleshooting complex issues?
InMotion Hosting, Inc., one of the nation’s fastest growing website hosting companies, having achieved 100% annual growth for 5 consecutive years.
Currently, we have an opening for a Network Administrator to assist in data center operations.
- Solve complex technical issues involving multiple technology stacks
- Deploy systems and networking gear utilizing best practices for security and maintainability
- Travel as needed to perform onsite work in our two data center locations
- Configure routers and switches in an hosting environment where network uptime is critical to business operations
- Establish network configuration standards and work to integrate common build/setup procedures
- Plan network changes and communicate expected changes clearly to team members/company in accordance with change management policies
- Work with our systems team to mitigate DDOS attacks and other threats at the border of our network
- Troubleshoot issues at both Layer 2 and Layer 3 quickly, ability to troubleshoot multicast/anycast issues a plus
- Expand knowledge to serve as an integrated member of an infrastructure/architecture team
The ideal candidates will have the following:
- 3+ years with large network deployments
- 2+ years with multi-homed networks and Border Gateway Protocol (BGP)
- 2+ years with high availability topologies in both routing and switching layers
- 1+ year firewall management (ideally in a large traffic environment)
- 1+ year working in a data center environment
- 1 year of hands-on LAMP exposure
- Two year degree or equivalent experience required. CCNE, CCNP, or JCNP certification a plus
- Exceptional network management and troubleshooting skills
- Experience working in a team environment with on-call responsibilities
- Experience using and extending monitoring systems like Nagios a plus
- Our company is growing! A smart, hardworking, and diligent person will have great opportunities to advance.
Please send your resume and salary expectations to email@example.com