Business Intelligence Developer
Headquartered in Anchorage, Alaska Communications is a leading provider of high-speed wireless, mobile broadband, Internet, local, long-distance and advanced data solutions for businesses and consumers in Alaska. The Alaska Communications network includes the most advanced wireline and wireless data and voice networks and the most diverse undersea fiber optic system connecting Alaska to the contiguous United States. We believe in giving back to the community that has supported our business throughout the years. Alaska Communications and its employees contribute their financial support, time, and commitment to many statewide organizations, events and community activities throughout Alaska.
The Business Intelligence Developer is responsible for creating, maintaining and implementing warehousing and business intelligence applications and databases for Alaska Communications. This position is an expert in data collection and analysis critical for creating, maintaining and implementing warehousing and business intelligence solutions by: gathering information from multiple internal departments; responding ad-hoc data requests; completing analyses, creating and maintaining reports, and preparing and occasionally delivering presentations.
• Responsibilities consist of warehousing and intelligence applications and databases, including the design and creation of objects such as tables, diagnosing and repairing user and performance issues, as well as testing, monitoring and tuning software. Ability to generate complicated ad-hoc queries to derive quick answers to one-off questions.
• Work largely on projects with substantial complexity, breadth of scope, and impact to the organization. Deliver analyses that lead to understanding of complex issues that are critical to strategy development, execution, and problem resolution. Serve as a resource for standard and specialized subject matter expertise.
• Work directly with ACS business personnel across Billing, IT, Product and Marketing, Operations, Customer Service, Sales, and Accounting groups on assigned projects, gaining exposure to various products and procedures.
• Take projects through the full data warehousing cycle from business analysis, to data modeling, development of ETL and report development.
• Will translate and present applications in an understandable and user-friendly manner. Maintain quality control, document technical specifications and unit testing to ensure accuracy and quality BI data.
Requires a Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Statistics, Information Systems or closely related field. Equivalent education, experience and training may be substituted for the degree requirement on a year for year basis.
Four (4) years of progressively responsible business intelligence experience with two (2) years professional-level data analytics. Applicant should have experience in trouble shooting data reports. Prefer two (2) + years experience with PL/SQL and development tools such as TOAD and tuning skills.
Proficiency in Excel, VBA, and PL/SQL Query Composition. Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, to include Word, Visio, Access, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
Relevant experience in Data Warehousing Methodology, Relational Databases and ETL Logic.
The Alaska Communications team is a high performance team, driven by delivering top quality service and continuous process improvement, earning customer loyalty each day and thereby generating sector-leading shareholder returns.
If these company attributes are appealing to you, this is the company to join. We invest in people who want growth, challenge, and participation in the shareholder value we create.
Please complete the online Profile and Application. For more information, contact your Alaska Communications Human Resources Recruitment team: Rose Muncy, PHR CIR - firstname.lastname@example.org
ALASKA COMMUNICATIONS IS AN EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYERd