QA Analyst (closed)
Location: St. Louis, MO – downtown
Duration: Currently slated March 2014…+
Software Quality Assurance Tester
The Software Quality Assurance Test position will be responsible for managing relationships, coordinating testing activities for the Central Accounting Reporting System (CARS), executing quality assurance testing, understanding business requirements, tracking defects and monitoring testing activity. This includes managing relationships with Treasury representatives, business interface partners and peers at other Federal Reserve Banks. The position will be responsible for performing software quality assurance testing and creating automated script. The individual will act as subject matter expert on the development of testing approaches, methodologies, requirements and the creation of test automation.
• Attend meetings with stakeholders and communicate effectively with clients and all levels of management, peers and organizations within the Federal Reserve System and Treasury.
• Create and update Test Plans, Test Scenarios and Test Scripts, and Requirements Traceability Matrix documents.
• Follow testing strategy and recommend process and work product improvements.
• -Document and analyze test results, produce status reports, and assist with defect management process.
• Develop and execute manual and automated scripts for requirement validation, integration, regression, performance and usability testing.
• Plan, script and debug scripting issues in Quick Test Pro (QTP) and is experienced in VBScripting.
• Create and maintain reusable test data for automation scripts.
• Create and execute SQL scripts to be used for test validation.
• Track, monitor and report on defects during testing initiatives.
• Train team members on the use of QTP, including scripting, executing and debugging issues.
• Read and apply applicable technical artifacts to create test scenarios and test scripts. (I.e.Use Cases, User Interface Specifications, etc.).
• Participate in Lessons Learned or Project Review sessions.
• Gap Analysis experience strongly preferred
• After hours support as required to meet test schedules.
• Travel may be required (5%).
• 3 years of experience as a Quality Assurance tester and Bachelor Degree Preferred
• Proficient with HP’s Quick Test Pro automation tool.
• Experienced with change management and defect tracking tools.
• Experience in Java Script, VBScript, VB or VC++.
• Experienced in the creation of SQL scripts.
• Experience with help authoring tools, such as RoboHelp, is a plus.
• US citizenship required for working on a US Treasury application.