SAP Global PLM Functional Design/Configuration Expert (closed)
Houston based, global provider of oilfield equipment and services is beginning a worldwide implementation of a new SAP ECC 6.0 environment and needs a very experienced SAP resource to lead the global product lifecycle management (PLM) initiative. This position requires in-depth knowledge of the business processes and associated SAP system functionality that supports product lifecycle management (PLM) in a highly complex, engineer-to-order (ETO) manufacturing environment.
The company will spend the next 2-3 years engaged in business process improvement across all lines of business and all operational areas (e.g., R&D, product design, engineering, manufacturing, supply chain, distribution, logistics, and financial). This effort will be coupled with a strategic redesign of the company’s SAP environment to support the “future state” of the company’s business operations.
This business transformation and SAP redesign effort has produced significant changes in PLM related processes and current SAP ECC 6.0 functional design. This position will be a key member of the SAP PLM functional design and configuration team and have direct responsibility for the global implementation of the new SAP PLM system.
Provide subject matter expertise in business processes and SAP functionality associated with PLM; from concept to production
- Provide subject matter expertise in PLM related SAP modules, functionality and configuration
- Present recommendations for enhancing current business processes through enhanced use of SAP/PLM and/or other business systems and information technology
- Take a leadership role in the development of a detailed “future state” PLM business process transformation and global SAP redesign strategy
- Participate and/or lead efforts to develop the global functional design, configuration, implementation template for PLM related SAP modules
- Provide expertise with functional design and technical specifications and work with SAP programming teams to design and implement identified system enhancements and customizations
- Work with other business and technical teams to identify and support SAP system integration requirements
Skills and Experience
10+ years IT industry experience
- 6+ years SAP/PLM business process analysis and detailed SAP functional design and implementation experience – global implementation experience required
- 4+ years experience with full project lifecycle (Blueprint through Go-Live) SAP PLM implementation
- Demonstrated expertise implementing SAP PLM in a highly complex, engineer-to-order (ETO) manufacturing environment
- Demonstrated experience with product design and engineering processes including Engineering Change Notice (ECN), Engineering Change Request (ECR), Engineering Work Request (EWR), Engineering Bill of Material (E-BOM), revision control, etc.
- Demonstrated experience with system integration requirements across SAP modules and external systems
- Preferred experience with SAP Business Warehouse/Business Intelligence (BW/BI)