SAP Business Intelligence Reporting Developer (BOBJ)
Job DescriptionSAP Business Intelligence Reporting Developer (BOBJ)
The SAP Business Intelligence (BI) Reporting Developer is primarily responsible for the development, testing and delivery of enterprise-wide SAP business intelligence solutions. This position requires a strong Report Developer with a proven track record of architecting and developing data warehouse solutions, including standard reporting, ad-hoc analytics, and dashboards.
The BI Reporting Developer will interact with different levels of the business to clearly define reporting requirements in support of strategic and tactical decision making. Working with other team members (business, functional, and technical), this position will validate requirements, architect technical options, and build solutions. Coordination of this work will be required between our various user facilities.
The BI Reporting Developer will also contribute to the technical strategy and tactical plan for implementing data and information delivery solutions. The position will interact with multiple functional groups to understand business needs, architect technical options, and make recommendations that return business value.
- Defines and documents the use of BI through user experience/use cases, prototypes and detailed functional requirements.
- Responsible for the development, testing and delivery of Business Explorer (BEX) and Business Objects reports for the user community.
- Works with the BI Data Integration Team on defining the semantic layer needs / definition.
- Creates and executes test cases to validate the integrity of both the data and functional requirements.
- Coordinates and facilitate user-acceptance testing.
- Assists business users with requests for ad-hoc reporting and data analysis.
- Assists with end user training on report function and data delivered.
- Collaborates with the Business Intelligence Competency Center (BI-CC) to integrate BI and reporting solutions with process improvement initiatives and operational applications for end-to-end business solutions.
- Bachelors Degree (preferably in Business, MIS, or Computer Science)
- 5+ years of experience in design and development of BI applications using SAP Business Object Toolsets (Webi, Xcelcius & Crystal reports) & SAP Business Explorer (BEX).
- Experience with SQL query development
- Experience with development of relational and dimensional data models
- Experience facilitating stakeholder interviews and requirements/design sessions
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Experience with various software development methodologies