Manager, Financial Planning & Analysis (closed)
Manager, Financial Planning & Analysis
Manager, Financial Planning & Analysis:
Life at Nissan encompasses everything that inspires both the quality of our vehicles and the quality of our people. Company-wide, you'll find fast learners and self-starting engines as well as people who are quick to embrace change and take an idea into overdrive.
Nissan is currently seeking a dynamic individual to fill an opening for a Manager, Financial Planning & Analysis at our Mississauga automotive services financing arm.
The Manager, Financial Planning & Analysis is responsible for managing all aspects of the preparation, analysis, development, maintenance and integrity of the budget process for Nissan Canada Finance, After Sales, G&A Operating Expenses and Capex Control. Includes providing analytical support for decision making, strategic planning, and variance analysis, as well as monthly reviews. Includes managing aspects of the annual budget setting process and procedures, ongoing internal and NML / NNA forecast, and monthly financial reviews.
Department management; hire, train and develop staff including setting objectives, assigning tasks, completing performance reviews, reviewing and approving work, providing overall guidance, workflows and auditing performance (including work performed offsite). 15%
Responsible for Managing all aspects of Nissan Canada Finance, After Sales, Capital Expenditures and G&A Control Budgeting and Forecasting process and procedures including:
- Creating new modules within the Business Model in order to capture changing business requirements. Requires business modelling with broad understanding of the NCF and NCI Budget Model and key success factors.
- Manages all phases of the NCF budget preparation (e.g. analysis of trends, reviewing assumptions), interacting with divisions and NCI Sales Planning to gain a thorough understanding of current market trends affecting NCF sales volume. Includes analysing the NCF Budget Model and evaluating and updating all the files encompassing the model to reflect year-to-date actual financial and operating results and analysis of forecast and trends for reasonability to ensure overall integrity and consistency with NCF’s and Nissan Canada’s targets and objectives. Produces short term forecasts and long-term Business Plan (US GAAP, IAS, Canadian GAAP) and Mid Term Plan and presents results to senior management of NCF/ NCI as well as NML. Includes forecasts for Asset Backed Securitizations (ABS) transactions and outstanding Lease and Loan portfolio. Acts as the technical authority of the NCF Budget Model and ensures overall integrity and consistency with Nissan Canada Finance’s targets and objectives.
- Manage all phases of After Sales budget preparation.
- Analysis of actual variances to plan, monitoring accuracy and realistic attainability of established targets. Identify budget deviations on a timely basis and report positive or negative trends with suggestions and alternatives for improvement to senior management.
- Manage Operating Expense and Capex Control function. Manage the preparation and support of annual and semi-annual operating expense budget submissions as well as monthly review; includes liaison with managers and operating divisions for their inputs on operating expenses for current and future fiscal years, monthly variance analysis of expenses, and analysis and understanding of current trends. Includes ensuring appropriate support exists for all spending requests through review.
Updates Hyperion/Magnitude/other reporting packages as required. 45%
Supports and manages in decision making and strategic business planning by assisting in any financial impact statements, completing what-if analysis, benchmarking with competition, campaign analysis, etc. Also responsible for supporting operating divisions through business planning analysis. 15%
Manage the development of cash flow / balance sheet forecasts for NCI and NCF and related loans/ investments and interest expense budget in a timely and accurate fashion. 10%
Participates and supports month-end reporting for NCF, AS, and G&A Control. Includes reviewing and understanding the financial results and comparing to current forecast and Business Plan. Includes communicating and gathering information from various departments and reviewing variances to plan and forecast. 15%
Knowledge: A relevant business, finance, accounting or economics university degree, a professional accounting designation or post-graduate degree, hands-on experience in budget preparation techniques and controls, as well as a minimum of 5 years general accounting, finance and business planning experience (including 3 years managing people) is required. Proficiency in report writing, business plan evaluations, finance and accounting principles, as well as proficiency with a variety of accounting (preferably ERP/SAP systems) and office software applications is required. Broad knowledge of Captive Finance company and associated business models, Excel (or other spreadsheet software application), accounting and finance issues, and modeling is also required.
Interpersonal Skills: Contacts are both internal and external requiring extensive communication when speaking on behalf of Nissan Canada with other companies NNA, NMAC, and NML. Incumbent will be the key point of contact for all items related to the NCF Budget and Financial Forecast, CAPEX, After Sales, and G&A Control and has communication with senior levels of NCI, NNA, NMAC and NML. A variety of interpersonal skills are required when discussing complex financial information and budgets, underlying assumptions, and technical matters like the NCF Budget Model. Incumbent must be able to effectively communicate financial information to “non-financial” people and interact extensively with non-finance staff and must be an effective and diplomatic communicator of financial and business issues. Incumbents must use collaboration, effective listening, persuasion and communication of straightforward and complex information when in meetings, resolving problems, working on projects and presenting financial information and reports. Effective listening is required, as well as presentation skills providing monthly actual financial statements, budgets, and recommendations to senior management.
Decision-Making and Impact: Decisions are made (in conjunction with Senior Manager) with respect to reporting actuals, budget, forecast and Business Plan results to NNA and NML, providing budget and business planning alternatives, hiring and evaluating staff, and all phases of budget preparation. Incorrect assumptions / incorrect formulas / incorrect analysis would result in inaccurate forecasts and business plans, incorrect borrowing requirements, potentially placing NCF’s and Nissan Canada’s targets, and senior management’s targets, in jeopardy, etc. Incumbent is regularly faced with analytical challenges where the impact of errors will have a serious impact on Nissan Canada’s ability to reach its financial targets, as well as interpretation by senior management of the financial direction of the company.
People Management: Responsible for 1 direct report.
Think you’ve got the internal drive to make great vehicles and join a winning team? Welcome to an open lane of possibility. Apply for this position and start the process to accelerate your career into high gear.