Project Estimator (closed)
The Construction and Engineering Division of Design Group in concert with our client, a highly reputable railwork's contractor involved with track, signals and communication, transit construction and maintenance is searching for an experienced Estimator based in Calgary, AB
- Prepares time, cost, materials and labor estimates; analyzes blueprints, tender documents and other contract information.
- Reviews contract documents and attends pre-bid meetings to determine scope of work and required contents of estimates.
- Utilizes information from a variety of sources such as key personnel, prior estimates, purchase agreements and subcontract files to ensure best practice in current bids.
- Prepares accurate quantity surveys and take-offs.
- Solicits subcontractor/vendor pricing information; analyzes and evaluates subcontractor bids for their completeness and accuracy in scope of work.
- Establishes and maintains effective relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
Post Secondary education in a related field or equivalent education, training and experience.
A min. of 3 years experience estimating in a civil construction environment or similar.
Experience in communication or utility construction is an asset.
Gold Seal Certification is an asset.
Experience using estimating software
Ability to read, understand and interpret blueprints and plans.
Proficiency in reading and understanding contract documents.
Strong verbal and written communication skills and attention to detail.
Ability to effectively manage multiple tasks and priorities.
Excellent organizational skills and ability to meet deadlines.
Should you feel that you have the necessary skills to be successful in this role, please forward your resume to: