2 Network Engineers Needed (closed)
We are looking for a Senior Network Engineer who is extremely customer focused and has extensive network experience as it relates to routing, switching, network protocols and monitoring. Specifically, this person will be tasked with designing, implementing, and supporting network technologies. The Senior Network Engineer Consultant will execute and, in some cases, lead various projects that range from network redesign, network consolidations to overseeing large network environments. The following breakdown identifies the mix of activities expected for the person in this role.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Designs, plans, architects, implements, documents and maintains of the following technologies:
- Cisco and HP routers, switches, and wireless devices
- IP Addressing and Subnetting
- WAN (MPLS, Frame Relay, IPSec VPN, BGP, Metro Ethernet, etc.)
- TCP/IP, VoIP, VLANs
- LAN (VLANs, 802.1q tagging, routing, QoS, etc.)
- Demonstrate analytical and problem solving skills on hardware and software
- Maintain a high level of client satisfaction at all times by completing jobs on schedule and by displaying a positive and helpful attitude
- Ensure complete and timely follow-through with all client contacts
Desired Experience and Skills
- Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP) Certification or equivalent Technical Certification required.
- HP AES or MAES for Network Infrastructure a plus
- Knowledgeable in Cisco Proprietary and open industry standard network protocols (802.1q, STP, BGP, OSPF, EIGRP, PAGP, LACP, etc.)
- Experience with Cisco IOS, Cisco Wireless, HP A and E series routers CLI
- Industry best practices in terms of network availability planning, security, scalability, and change management
- Ability to communicate, mentor, teach, and explain concepts at multiple levels with the capability to extract the business value related to the proposed solutions
- Work independently with minimal supervision, as the member of a team, or acting as a project lead
- Minimum of 5 years of consulting experience required
If you are someone who can think on their feet, work through complex network issues, have high levels of customer service, and work for a great company than this is the job for you.