Boutique Hotel - Director of Sales (closed)
Director of Sales
Looking for a Director of Sales for an Independent, Non- Branded Hotel in Downtown Boston.
Essential Job descriptions and duties (Other duties may apply):
- Responsible for the development and solicitation of business from all markets to ensure that the hotel's revenue targets are met.
- Direct the solicitation efforts of the sales staff through effective oral and written communication while overseeing rate, date and space commitments for group room sales within the hotel.
- Interview, hire, train, recommend performance evaluations, resolve problems, provide open communication and recommend discipline and/or termination when appropriate.
- Compile and/or direct the preparation of reports pertaining to the operation of the sales department to include, but not limited, to the annual and monthly forecast, marketing budget, lead management system, booking report, star reports and sales meeting minutes
- Coordinate ongoing research of the travel industry to detect market trends and related information for development of new marketing strategies. Make reasonable recommendations to improve potential from various markets.
- Develop and conduct persuasive verbal sales presentations to prospective clients. Meet with and entertain clients, some of which will require travel.
- Communicate both verbally and in writing to provide clear direction to the staff.
- Initiate preparation of computerized annual sales & marketing plan and execute plans as outlined, critically examining and adjusting as deemed necessary by current market conditions.
- Organize and/or attend scheduled sales department and related meetings.
- Comply with attendance rules and be available to work on a regular basis.
The ideal candidate will possess the following traits:
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills and ability to work in a variety of team settings
- Excellent interpersonal skills and customer service orientation so as to build effective business relationships and client loyalty.
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to plan ahead.
- Complex mathematical skills and considerable skill in the use of a calculator to prepare complex mathematical calculations without error, i.e. budgets, forecasting.
- Ability to perform extremely well when faced with managing multiple priorities under time constraints.
- The candidate must be able to work independently and have a sense of urgency.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related field.
- Strong selling/closing skills and prior hospitality sales experience required.
- Solid skillset in working with Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, and Word.
- Previous management experience preferred.
- Legally authorized to work in the United States.