EPIC Principal Trainer Needed in Connecticut (closed)
Nationally ranked hospital, among U.S. News and World Report’s America’s Best Hospital’s, has an immediate opening for an EPIC Principal Trainer.
The Principal Trainer is responsible for developing and maintaining course curricula and supporting training materials for Epic applications. Responsible for building, testing, and maintaining the training environment, maintaining policy and procedure documentation related to training, conducting training for new staff, and coordinating training for software upgrades and updates. Assists in development and communication of the training schedule. The Principal Trainer will also train Credentialed Trainers to assist with classroom training.
Principal trainers work with the Training Manager and application coordinators to develop the training program for Epic applications.
Education: Bachelor's degree in related field required. Masters degree preferred.
Experience: Three years experience in adult education, instructional design or in healthcare preferred. Clinical experience desired.
Epic Certification: Required to complete and pass Epic certification. Detailed understanding of workflows and system configuration gained through participating in validation sessions with application coordinators, and assisting in system build
Training is out-of-state for multiple weeks.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel required;
- Skill and experience in adult education strongly preferred;
- Strong “people skills” and effective communication skills (verbal and written) required;
- Strong organizational skills required;
- Experience working across organizations with multiple audiences;
- Change leadership experience and the ability to inspire others.
- Strong organizational skills and managing multiple priorities
- Demonstrate a strong belief in the goals and objectives of the organization and the Epic project
- Expected to travel between organizations and provide off-shift training as required.