Travel Manager - Comcast Cable Communications - Philadelphia, PA (closed)
- Responsible for managing the travel program to ensure we are receiving best in class services and maximizing discounts from the travel suppliers.
- Develop reports and analyze data to drive measure effectiveness and drive change.
- Make recommendations for policy changes.
- Manage supplier relationships, outsourced resources and contract negotiations.
- Develop communication strategy to include leveraging the intranet site, online booking tool and other methods to communicate to inform, update and build buy-in for initiatives.
- Implement new programs such as meetings management tools and resources
- Continually evaluate all aspects of the travel program, industry trends and available tools and resources.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Must be available for over-time as necessary.
- Punctual, regular, and consistent attendance is required.
- Education Level: High School degree, Bachelors degree preferred
- CCTE certification preferred
- 2 - 3 years related experience
- Ability to represent Comcast in a positive, professional manner.
- Ability to communicate both orally and in writing in a clear, professional and pleasant manner.
- Must have problem solving and process improvement experience
- Ability to plan, organize and prioritize in a highly effective manner.
- Ability to handle frequent interruptions and changes in priorities.
- Ability to juggle multiple priorities and possess good organization skills and ability to work in a fast paced environment.
- Above average proficiency of personal computers and software applications, including MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
- Oversees program policies, legislative and agency operations to
include strategic planning, economic development, and service delivery.
- Applies knowledge of administrative and business processes,
programmatic and operational controls, personnel management, and
budgetary controls. Applies knowledge of program evaluation, analysis,
and strategic planning.
- Handles diverse, unusually complex, sensitive, and volatile
- Interacts with diverse constituencies, including government officials
and consumers, on matters relating to operations of
administrative/operational programs, resolution of major issues
affecting the public or customers, and consulting on legislative issues.
- Oversees the management and strategic planning for assigned
administrative/business and program functions.
- Manages and guides staff and provides leadership in integrated project
teams. Builds relationships with department and other functional
business staff and leadership to foster successful collaborations.
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work
nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) as necessary.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Bachelors Degree or Equivalent
- Generally requires 8-11 years related experience
Comcast is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Drug-Free workplace employer.