Manager, S&OP Master Scheduler (closed)
Gerdau is the fourth largest overall steel company and the second largest minimill steel producer in North America. The company has the capacity to manufacture over 12 million tons of mill finished steel products annually. Through an integrated network of minimills, steel scrap recycling facilities, and downstream operations, the company serves customers throughout North America.
We believe our employees are the best in the business. We have high standards and our employees constantly strive to reach even higher levels of success. Gerdau growth is based on our values and on a vision focused on excellence. We see customer satisfaction, the personal and professional growth of each employee, total safety in the workplace, a commitment to our stakeholders, employees, and communities, and profit as a measure of performance.
Gerdau is currently seeking a Manager, Sales and Operations Master Scheduler for its Tampa, FL Corporate Offices. Relocation is not provided for this position.
Coordinate and expedite the flow of work and materials within or between mill locations according to production schedules and active sales. Duties include reviewing and distributing production, work, and shipment schedules; conferring with sales management and steel mill management to determine progress of work and completion dates; and resolving issues on work progress, inventory levels, costs, and production problems with major emphasis on meeting customer demand while maximizing mill efficiency and minimizing corporate costs.
NATURE AND SCOPE:
This position reports directly to the Director of Customer Service and Production Scheduling. The incumbent works independently with shared clerical support and general policies and objectives established by the Vice President of Commercial Sales.
This position performs diversified coordinating, scheduling, and production control duties necessary to maintain optimum production levels and inventory levels at all mill locations. This function requires close coordination and cooperation with division, region and group managers in order to achieve desired results.
The incumbent reviews individual specific rolling schedules for each of the 17 mills, detailing product, size, gauge, grade, length, tons, customer, and shipping information. Variations in factors yield over 450 regularly scheduled individual product configurations. Through various reports and personal contact, the incumbent continually monitors each mill’s progress toward scheduled production tonnage levels, investigating discrepancies and developing alternatives and solutions to short-term material supply problems within the constraints of the overall group production schedule.
Plan, direct, and coordinate the production scheduling operations within Gerdau Long Steel. Revise production schedules when required due to customer demand changes, labor or material shortages, backlogs, or other interruptions, collaborating with management, sales, and production to ensure customer satisfaction. Compile and prepare documentation related to production sequences, transportation, and plant capabilities. Compile information, such as production rates and progress, materials inventories, materials used, and customer information monitor delivery, and distribution of while maximizing plant capacity and meet production schedules.
A major emphasis of the position is stabilizing unanticipated and unscheduled production delays at minimum additional cost or interruption to customer delivery schedules.
One of the most challenging areas of this position is the requirement for continuous planning in order to meet current and long range needs for material. The incumbent must analyze daily progress to anticipate potential delays and prevent more costly schedule adjustments at a later date. Review weekly bar shop inventories for inaccuracies, verifying data that appears unrealistic. Review stock-out dates, verify and arrange for delivery of replenishing stock, minimizing “emergency” shipments whenever possible.
The duties of this position require considerable judgment to work independently toward results, making decisions guided by precedent and company policy.
The incumbent regularly consults with superintendents, division and region managers, accounting staff and corporate officials.
Some outside contact is required with customers, shipping agents and transportation companies regarding scheduling, delivery, shortages, loading, shipping problems, and related procedures.
- Monitor rolling schedules for all mill locations, detailing product, size, gauge, grade, length, tons, and appropriate shipping information.
- Monitor daily progress of mills toward scheduled production, evaluate for potential problems and develop schedule changes to minimize excessive costs of schedule short-fall.
- Monitor mill inventories and work with appropriate Mill Sales personnel to insure optimum inventory levels that will meet our customer’s needs and satisfy company objectives in controlling cost of inventory.
- Monitor weekly bar shop inventories and investigate discrepancies, review stock-out dates, and arrange for delivery of bar stock to maintain required inventories.
- Prepare forecasts and production inventory summaries for distribution.
- Bachelor's degree in engineering, supply chain, business, or a related area, and a minimum of six (6) year of Operations and/or Supply Chain Management experience.
- Exposure to Supply Chain Planning
- MBA a plus
- Analytical and logical thinking skills
- Excellent interpersonal relationship management skills.
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Access
- Experience with SAP APO Supply Network Planning (SNP) and APO – Production Planning/Detailed Scheduling (PP DS) desired
- AST&L, SCOR, APICS and/or CPIM a plus
- Ability to write and converse in Portuguese and/or Spanish is a plus
- Knowledge of steel mill and rebar fabricating plant operations and procedures a plus.
- Familiarity with freight rates, transportation methods, and broad knowledge of production planning and control desired.
Gerdau offers opportunities for advancement in an ever challenging, high-tech environment based in Tampa. We offer a competitive salary and benefits package and the opportunity to grow with a world-class, multinational company. We recognize the contributions of our team members and provide opportunities for advancement.
Gerdau offers excellent benefits that start the FIRST DAY OF EMPLOYMENT!
Medical and Prescription
Health and Dependent Care (Flexible Spending Account)
Basic Life/Accidental Life Insurance
Health Advocate Services
Employee Assistance Program
Tuition Reimbursement Program
Gerdau is an equal opportunity affirmative action employer, committed to diversifying its workforce. All applicants must be legally eligible to work in the country of hire without current or future sponsorship.
Please apply online https://gerdau.greatjob.net/jobs/EntryServlet?job=IJNGA&media=YHA for consideration.