Senior Systems Engineer (Exchange/Messaging) (closed)
Senior Systems Engineer (Exchange/Messaging)
Are you a Senior Systems Engineer with extensive Exchange/Messaging exposure living within a commutable distance to London? If so we need to talk ASAP!! My client a leading Managed Service Provider is in urgent need of 3 Senior Systems Engineers.
As a Senior Systems Engineer (Exchange/Messaging) you will be expected to have:
- Proven, experience-based knowledge of installation and configuration of Microsoft domains and Microsoft Exchange from first principles.
- Microsoft server technologies 2000 to 2008 (including R2)
- Configuration/migration/upgrade experience of Microsoft Active Directory up to Windows Server 2008 R2
- Configuration/migration/upgrade experience of Microsoft Exchange, 2007 to 2010 especially.
- Demonstrable in-depth troubleshooting experience across the suite with a track record in installing and supporting complex environments.
- Good experience of PowerShell.
- Appreciation of ancillary services i.e. email archiving (Enterprise Vault etc), mobile messaging (Blackberry - BIS/BES etc).
- Experience of working with the Office Communications Server (OCS) or Lync solutions.
- Proven experience in the design, deployment and documentation process of solutions
- Ability to verify solutions and ensure that appropriate products and services have been selected to satisfy client requirements.
General understanding of other desired technologies:
- Microsoft Clustering
- Recovery of Windows Servers
- VMware ESX Server 4.x and above
- Microsoft Virtual Server Hyper-V
- Networking (Configuration of firewalls, routers and switches)
- Storage (SAN NAS)
- Hold current MCITP or MCSE certifications(Windows Server 2008 R2, Exchange 2007/2010 and/or SQL 2005/2008 preferable).
- Additional certifications/training in other technologies welcome, especially VMWare (ESX 4.x and above), Dell Equallogic or NetApp storage, remote access technologies or Apple.
Purpose of the Senior Systems Engineer (Exchange/Messaging)
- Working as part of a Client Services Team (CST) and reporting to a Client Services Director (CSD), this is a systems engineering role providing Implementation, design, third line technical expertise and engineering support to a portfolio of contracted services and/or project customers.
- You will be familiar and have some experience of networking/security, storage, virtualisation and one/more elements of the Microsoft stack (Active Directory, Exchange, Windows Server, SQL etc).
You will be required to:
- Work in partnership with customers, to advise and deliver services-led technology solutions that best meet their business objectives and/or overcome specific problems.
- Recommend proactively, improvements to customer systems process
- Deploy all technologies in accordance with the company’s agreed ‘best practice standards’ (including external accreditations) and our project management framework.
- Assist in the creation of new technology standards/installation guides, produce high quality customer documentation and maintain CMDB/asset information.
- Assist in the installation, management and support of customer systems and services, as required.
- Support your CST/CSD in the technical estate management as required, throughout the portfolio.
KeyWords: Systems Engineer, Exchange, Messaging, support, 3rd line, feld engineer, citrix, vmware, support, virtualisation, netapp, storage, Microsoft, equallogic, vcp, windows, sql, 2007, 2010, london, san, nas, networking, cisco, mcp, mcse, mcsa, ccna, ccnp, cca, ccie, ccia
We also offer referral fees of up to £1000 so if you know of anyone else looking for work that may be suitable for this role, than please put them in contact with us now. Send CV’s to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01276 300100 now.