Manager Finance & Accounts (closed)
Manager Finance & Accounts
Rs. 11.30 Lacs per annum
Years of Experience
Commerce graduate from Calcutta University with AICWA from Institute of Cost and works accountants of India in June 2008 and Advance diploma from Chartered Institute of Management Accountant (CIMA,UK) with over 6 and half years of experience in Financial Reporting and Analysis, Financial Accounting, Income tax, Indirect Taxes and Internal / Statutory Audits, Operation finance.
- An effective communicator and leader with proven abilities in man management and exceptional analytical skills with experience of handling cross-functional work teams.
- Exceptionally proven team building and organizational development skills.
- Well – versed with IFRS/ US GAAP, Companies Act, Financial Markets, FEMA and Securities Laws.
- Well – versed with financial statement analysis, Budgeting, costing, financial management, capital budgeting and MIS Reporting.
(From July 09 onwards)
Associated with Trilegal, Delhi as Manager Finance & Accounts. Trilegal is a full service law firm advising on various aspects of corporate and commercial law in India having offices in Mumbai, Delhi, Bangalore and Hyderabad in India.
Budgeting and Planning
- Supporting the CFO in strategic planning and preparation of annual business plans. (to prepare firm annual budgeting, business plan, target billing, target collection, estimation of projected increase of cost/ expenses);
- Preparing yearly budget and monthly plan and cost centre wise monitoring and MIS of the same on monthly basis;
- Providing monthly and quarterly updates on performance against budget and forecast, including variance analysis and suggesting further course of action;
- Managing process of financial forecasting including quarterly rolling forecasts which helped the business to identify the areas for improvement in full value chain, to drive performance.
- Responsible for controlling business indirect expenses and ensuring delivery against target/forecast.
Month End Close
- Responsible for finalizing monthly and quarterly results of Trilegal;
- Responsible for sales accounting and managing the receivable of 4 SBUs of Trilegal;
- Responsible for Credit controlling and credit monitoring on daily, monthly basis;
- Responsible for Inter-divisional accounting and reconciliations;
- Responsible for receivable Management – obtaining Balance Confirmation and Reconciliation, Full and final Settlement of Debtors.
- Scrutiny of Trial Balance, reporting same to corporate office on monthly basis.
- Ensuring reconciliation of different bank accounts on a monthly basis and initiating follow up on outstanding items. Monitoring Inter-firm transaction and reconciliation.
- Customer/ SBU profitability analysis on a periodic basis.
- Responsibility of monthly and quarterly performance and MIS, which include revenue, expenses, cash flow, budget Vs. Actual, Capex, Insurance Claims, Credit control (Debtor), Efficiency parameters and Fixed Cost Movement Reports. Analysis and consolidating these reports from other 4 SBUs and reporting to CFO.
- Preparing financial analyses and models to assist in the evaluation of business initiatives, capital investments analysis, which included pricing, cost-benefit analysis, forecasting, expense analysis based on identifying expense drivers and allocations and net present value analysis.
- Managing organization's cash flows and reorganizing its financial logistics to streamline daily cash management and making adjustments and recommendations on how to adjust these cash flows for smooth operations.
- Developing and implementing mechanisms for financial reporting, ensuring that policies and procedures are consistent and in compliance with all accounting procedures and in compliance with all regulatory requirements.
- Responsible for preparation of Monthly Statement of Debtors(MSOD), analysis and monitoring, meeting with business head for outstanding follow up, billing target details, and reporting total financial position.
- Analysing monthly asset quality review and keeping track and tight focus on working capital, and ways for reducing working capital.
- Handling auditors (external and internal) and ensuring compliance with standards and regulations.
- Handling internal and statutory Audits, setting up strong internal control system, process and checks in place.
- Liaison with and managing relationships with internal/ external auditors, tax consultants and business alliances.
Benchmarking and Performance Management
- Providing competitive benchmarking and financial information to front end team. Handling responsibility to provide financial information for buyers and supply chain colleagues.
- Monitored competitive performance and benchmarking the cost/ margins and efficiency parameters.
- Providing inputs for process improvement for the business in different area etc.
- Handling a team of 7 persons.
- Responsible for daily management of team. Ensure that tasks are completed within stipulated deadlines and all members of the team contribute to team objectives, ensuring that the workload is spread evenly and allocated on a flexible basis, and each function is self-covering during absence of any member.
- Assisting team members in TDS payments and Returns, Service tax and Issuance of form 16A to Vendors and Annual Statutory Form 16 and 16AA to Employees other tax related matters.
Past Experience –
Associated with Balaji Sign & Graphics Pvt Ltd, Delhi as Manager Finance. Balaji is the only distributors of Avery Dennison (Graphics Division) with provides one stop solution to all interior and exterior graphics and print media advertising.
- Handled quarterly/ annual financial statements of the division and getting the same audited from the Statutory Auditors.
- Responsibility of monthly and quarterly performance and MIS, which include revenue, expenses, cash flow, budget Vs. Actual, Capex, Insurance Claims, Debtor, Efficiency parameters and Fixed Cost Movement Reports.
- Prepared Competition Industry Analysis.
- Assisted in 5 yearly and monthly plans/ budget which is approved by Boars Of Directors every year.
- Handled treasury operations, which primarily includes daily cash management and dealing with bankers.
- Handled direct tax matters relating toTDS, Income tax return and assisted in assessment of the division.
- Handled insurance policies and claims from insurance companies.
- Handled internal and statutory Audits for the division.
- Monitored credit limit on daily basis.
- Sales Accounting and credit monitoring on daily basis.
- Bank Guarantee acceptance from customer to curb credit loss.
- Inter divisional accounting and reconciliations .
- Preparation of Yearly budget and monthly plan and cost centre wise monitoring and MIS of the same on monthly basis to senior management.
- Scrutiny of Trial Balance , Reporting same to corporate office on monthly basis.
- Handled a team of 5 Person.
- Handled incentive calculation and timely payment of various incentive scheme run by the company.
- Handled transportation claims and payments .
- B.Com (Honors) in Accountancy from Calcutta University.
- AICWA from Institute of Cost and Works Accountant of India (ICWAI).
- Pursuing TOPCIMA from Chartered Institute of Management Accountant (CIMA, UK)
- 42nd Rank in Final examination of ICWAI.
- Visiting Faculty at WLC Business School (Wigan and Leigh College, India)
- Oracle 11i ERP Financial (E-business suit, AR, AP, Fixed Assets, GL) trained from Oracle University.
Father’s Name : Mr. Dibakar Maji.
Marital Status : Single
Address : 3A/10 (3rd Floor), WEA, Karol Bagh, New-Delhi 110005.
Date of Birth : 11th February 1982
Passport No : G4581536