Purchasing Category Manager (CPG, food, grocery) (closed)
PURPOSE OF POSITION:
Reports to Director Procurement. Responsible for leading strategic sourcing strategy and execution for commodity, food and beverage categories. Supervise buyer/re-order buyers to achieve department goals (productivity), implement best practices, drive value add category results including actionable recommendations and fast solutions. Approximate category spend is $150-$250MM with a high level of complexity in terms of number SKU's, suppliers, domestic vs. global sourcing, commodity, etc.
KEY JOB FUNCTIONS:
1. Procurement & Contract Negotiation (i.e., fruit, frozen, fresh produce, snack, dry packaged, pasta)
2. Customer/Clients/Suppliers (Relationship/Category Reviews)
3. Operational - Supervise buyer and analyst reports
- Required 4-year college degree preferred in Economics, Finance, Accounting or Business Administration.
- 5-10 years domestic and international high volume sourcing, purchasing, import and contract negotiations experience for food and beverage, i.e., canned goods, sauces, fruit in retail, grocery or manufacturing.
- 2+ years supervisory experience a plus.
- Proven analytical, project management, risk management, customer relationship and problem-solving skills.
- Familiarity with major product sources, industry practices, quality levels, packaging and logistics.
- Intermediate level experience with MS Suite & Access.
- Flexibility to travel 10-20% annually.